Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know who makes bay window drop spindles the ones ive seen are welded which does not pass a british mot does anyone make a forged item????? and how safe are the welded ones?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I got mine from 'thebusstation.co.uk' about 2 years ago, I think i paid about £450 for them and I didnt need to exchange my old ones with them. They are welded and I have had 2 MOT's since I fitted them without any issues being raised. Best things I ever got although at the time I was running on standard steel rims (They increase the track by 9mm each side) Once I put alloys on the look was not so great (the wheels added another 9mm each side) but nothing a narrowed weedeater beam along with the spindles didnt fix!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Sorry to but in, whats the rules for MOT's regarding welding on spindles? Do welded spindles pass cos no one notices them? What if a brake caliper adaptor plate was welded to the caliper??

·
Registered
173 Posts
does that mean the wheels stick out past the body ?
With just the steel rims on the additional width was unnoticable. The Alloys I fitted are MWS Fuchs replica's which are 9mm thicker on the mounting boss, the tyres used to sit flush with the edge of the wheel arch which was ok until you hit an extreme bump in the road, then the tyre contacted the wheel arch.
Heres a picture with the wheels on, dropped spindles and standard beam.

And heres a pic with the beam on. (I know the back is high, the adjustable spring plates are on order):D

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Creative engineering, £190 a pair. They show the picture of them as part of the IRS kit but they sell them seperatley for all bays upto '79
Give em a call on 01258 863600:)
excellent, thanks a lot, hijack over ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts