Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have got a set of original 6x14" wolfrace slotmags which i am going to put on my 1973 baywindow bus.

I'm going for a raked stance with the suspension (1 spline at the rear, creative beam adjusters wound down at the front) and am trying to pick the right tyres.

The wheels are a touch wider than stock (6" compared to 5.5"), and so i'm not sure what to do.

Wondering about low-profile at the front and fat at the rear...

Does anyone have any recommendations on sizes that look good with this size of wheels?

Also, is it safe to fit non-commerical rated 185/50 R14s for the front for example? Was thinking 195/70 R14s on the back perhaps...sound any good?

Thanks for any help,

Simon.

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
generally comercial tyres are for carrying a lot of load, chances are while in a van you`ll carry a fair bit im sure its not going to be more than a loaded saloon car. currently my bus i have stuck stock wheels back on it, at the back im running 185 non profile van type tyres, but at the front im running 185/60s, its been dropped about 6 inch at the front and a split or 2 at the back, its got a nice mild rake. my van used to run 185/60s all round back in the 90s when it was last on the road with its previous owner.

the biggest thing is the offset of the wheels, if they have a similar ofset i cant see any problem with running a combo like i do, 195/70 fit fine on the back with stock wheels.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks!,

the wheels say 6Jx14" ET30 on them. trouble is, i don't know what stock wheels offset is...

so maybe 185/60 R14 on the front then. anyone got any pics of a bay running this size so i can get an idea?

and for the back, i'll try and go bigger...reckon 205/65 R14 is too big for a 6x14?

thanks all,

Simon

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stock wheels comparison..

anyone know the offset of stock baywindow wheels then?

what size low-profile tyres are people running with stock steelies? got any pics?

thanks

s

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi Simon,
Did you fit the wolfrace wheels yet? I have just got a set of wheels the same as yours, would be interested in any pics. I am currently running 175/65/14 Michelin Agilis 51s on the front and 185/80/14 Michelin Agilis 81s on the rear on the stock steelies, both tyre types are commercial type. In case you havent found out yet I think stock wheels are ET37.
Cheers
Matt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts