Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had a short out on beetle wiring loom, earth to front right headlamp and earth to wiper motor burned out. stripped it all out and replaced any burnt ,or singed wires. anyway as far as i can tell and i am no expert it all looks ok but i cant get rear running lights, number plate light or speedo light to work and dont know what to try next. any ideas anyone as i am clueless now.

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
From memory - the rear light share a pair of fuses - so either both have gone or somethingelse is bad, or do not forget there might be some dodgy wiring.

Speed liight is something else again.
There are two of them - do either come up?
My choices are, you hav eknocked them when diving behind dash, at this age they are delicate and the spades, springs and bulbs are very easily upset.
Second is that the feed comes from the light switch, have you distrupted that? This is a bugger as it is behind the wiper motor arm and v v difficult to get at.

Try here for a diagram
http://www.1302super.com/page4.html

I have lost my link to a great place where all the diagrams are kep. Someone who has VW knowledge will post i am certain

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that mate. yeh i had a quick look at switch ,well i say look cant see it. possibly knocked something as fuses are all ok. wiper motor out next and have a look. cheers dude

1 - 4 of 4 Posts