Volkszone Forum banner

Beetle, 1970 solid shell

For Sale 
2K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  al_kaholik 
#1 ·
This shell I have had for a couple of years but realistically it is just sitting and I'd rather that it got moved on to someone who could do soemthing with it, it isn't bad at all. Currently blue/white two tone but in need of paint. This is a front airbox model. If required I have a good bonnet, decklid and probably a whole host of other parts if anyone is looking for anything to go with it

The reason I bought it was cause its solid, but it does need a little work.

Problem areas that exist are door bottoms both sides, some corrosion around the rear crossmembers, some pinholes around the front windscreen frame, front bulkhead (it doesn't sit on my chassis straight, I think that the panel has been replaced badly at some point) and probably a front clip and a rear valance.

But overall its in good condition. The channels are nice and solid and it really would be a good starting point.

Pictures in the album show the areas of concern and more pictures are available on request.

I'm looking for £150 ONO. This will have to be collected from near Skegness, Lincolnshire.

PICS ALBUM *click me*

See less See more
#4 ·
Checked the link? There are bottom A and B pillar photos in there and a couple of inside the heater channel through the footwell vent Channels look generally solid, This is pretty much why I bought the shell.

Of course if you want more photos I can get them, but have a look in there first - the named photos were taken today, the others a few days ago. Obviously viewings welcome

Al

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.