Highly Respected Member
I've had this problem before. My brother when fitting a new beam used a cheap cylinder honing tool to slightly open out the bush. It took less than a minute to get the clearance. On my last car I found the same problem but the beam was full of grease. I took off the trailing arm and wrapped some fine sandpaper round it and gently removed some material at the inner bearing surface, by rotating the arm. Just enough so the bush no longer 'grabbed' the trailing arm. It took a few trial fits but it worked a treat. You know when its right, because you can push the fitted arm with hand pressure and it will move smoothly ie not sticky.