Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a chassis from a 68 beetle fit into the back of a long wheelbase transit van. Dumb question I know but i was just wondering if anyone knew. Thank you

·
Registered
220 Posts
i just about got a mk1 gp body shell in my lwb transit van and it was a short wheel base buggy
so i would like to say no

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You'll get it in a Luton bodied van if you've got the gearbox and beam separated from the pan. If that helps

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
pellandine-sports said:
You'll get it in a Luton bodied van if you've got the gearbox and beam separated from the pan. If that helps
Would splitting the framehead from the pan help?

·
Registered
861 Posts
I've had a complete beetle body in a luton van before so a chassis should go in without a problem?

·
Registered
861 Posts

You can get them on various chassis - transit, sprinter, LT etc. One with a tail lift is only a few quid more to hire and makes life easier.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ah right wicked, i know what they are i just didnt know that they were called luton vans, now i know. I was looking at renting one of them, I was just a bit unsure on whether it would fit in. Its just a shame that it wont fit in a lwb transit coz ma dads mate could lend me us one of them, cheaper than a rental van. But hey...

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
ive had a 1302 chasis in the back of a transit it stuck out the back a bit but is was a std length van the only problem we had was the rear wheels on the chasis had to be lifted over the wheel arches of the van

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I've had a LWB rat shell in my SWB transit, doors had to stay open, but it didn't stick out past the doors. Chassis is a good foot and a half shorter than a shell, isn't it? I *think* it'd fit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts