Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cheers Peeps,

I appreciate the advice, I changed the big Plastic air filter for a small sports air filter (like new) just to see if it solved it, it didnt, Its seeming to 'bog down' in every gear now, it does judder alot and is continuing randomly even when warmed up. Im getting heater cables fixed at the weekend (got no ramps or axle stands at the mo or would do it myself!) so Ill get the guys to check the fuel filter, I was concerned the choke may be being a bit of a git but after reading your replies, seems this is less likely.

I had the timing/points checked and sparks replaced a few weeks ago when my oil seals were replaced but will check the dizzy cap and points tonight, if they are mucky, ill get to it, process of elimination.... as long as this carb aint on its way out, Ill be happy :smurf:

Thanks again for the comments, appreciated.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey peeps,

Thanks again for your comments however, I found out the problem the hard way :eek:P I was driving into work and suddenly, foot on accelerator, spluttered, died, no power, sort of revved but no power. The breakdown guy rekoned it was the fuel pump, and I believed him. got it replaced (I had to get to work) and it runs great again, also changed the fuel filter and stuck it in the engine bay where I can see it !

Thanks again !

1 - 2 of 2 Posts