Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,324 Posts
I've been toying with the idea to fabricate some replica Non-Fresh-Air type heater boxes, to give me some heat. Heat exhangers replaced by Stainless 1 5/8" J tubes into merged header. It always seems like a good idea when it's freezing, but when the weather is good enough to be outside doing those things, I'd rather be driving it. Now on 3rd year of wearing gloves :crazy:

·
Premium Member
9,324 Posts
I'v just had a brain wave, why not make a couple of holes in the cooling fan cover, then attach them to two pipes (you could probably get some of that flexible aluminium stuff) going down under the engine. It you then put some fins on to exhaust pipes for cylinders 1 and 3 and put metal jackets round them, the air from the fan will then blow along inside the jacket and get hot !!! ... that could then be directed (with another couple of bits of flexi pipe) through a couple of holes under the back seat ....and 'hey presto!' hot air in your beetle,... in fact with a bit more ingenuety ( and a few more pipes you could even get it to demist the front windscreen !)..... sometimes I amaze myself with my inventive mind, feel free to use this idea if you want guys:D
It'll never work :crazy:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.