Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following on from The Tree of Life thread - If you've been to Disney, what was your favourite ride and why?

Mine was "Soarin'" in Epcot. Not a hair raising, brown trouser jobbie but an amazingly huge screen where you sit on a make-believe hand glider and fly through the air over all these sites like the Golden Gate Brdige and through the mountains swooping right down to the river so that you feel like your feet will get wet. You can even smell the oranges as you fly through the orange groves - really amazing and worth the 2 hour wait as all the fast passes had sold out :)

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
didnt go on soarin', there was 12 of us and i was tour guide (as ive been a couple of times) so we missed a few good rides.

Test Track, Bugs Life,Kali Rapids... all of them Disney rules, its official i'm a child and i want to go back again next year

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
peelo said:
it's been a while since I've been... but last time it was:

ALIEN ENCOUNTER

:D
we asked on the door if that was scary cos my gran was wit us and the woman said 'errrr not really, only if your easily scared' !!!! :eek:

i must be really F**kin' easy to scare!

i liked the jurrassic park stuff at islands of adventure but thats universal :hangloose

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
went when i was about 8 or 9, test track seemed really cool then, tower of terror, some big flume ride thing at blizzard beach, infact there all amazing :D

·
Registered
34,412 Posts
Buzz Lightyear!

I`m off to Disney Paris in 2 weeks so i`ll report back..i`ve been a few times and really rate the car stunt show :D

·
Registered
783 Posts
Best ride at Disney was the brunette working behind the bar in Magic Kingdom ;) :D

·
Registered
8,539 Posts
peelo said:
it's been a while since I've been... but last time it was:

ALIEN ENCOUNTER

:D
Is that the one with the big tube in the middle and the beastie legging it around breathing on people???

I loved that:D:D

BEST RIDE (even though it's not realy a ride) EVER!!!!!

·
Registered
78,049 Posts
Ruby Soho said:
we asked on the door if that was scary cos my gran was wit us and the woman said 'errrr not really, only if your easily scared' !!!! :eek:

i must be really F**kin' easy to scare!
it is well scary... and fooking awesome :D

·
Registered
78,049 Posts
Jonofdoom said:
Is that the one with the big tube in the middle and the beastie legging it around breathing on people???

I loved that:D:D

BEST RIDE (even though it's not realy a ride) EVER!!!!!
that's the one :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
anybody have a go at the drag racing funny cars at old town kissemee, now that was good, plus all the rods and dubs on sat night. god i wish i was there now. fucking english weather !

·
Registered
78,049 Posts
In general though I think Universal kicks Disney into touch... big time. Disney has a few classics but Universal is much more 'does exactly what it says on the tin', everything rocks... much less titing about and trying to be clever... you get a full day at Universal with no mucking about. And Epcot should just be bulldozed... anyone seen the Simpsons where Homer tries to escape from Epcot :lol:

·
Registered
573 Posts
for me it has to be Aerosmith's rocking roller coaster @ Mgm (pretty new one) you take a ride in their limo coaster, and are propelled from 0-40 mph in 2 secs straight into pitch black listerning to rock & having not a clue where you are going one word awsom !!! :D

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Anyone been to Knotts Berry Farm? I forget the area but it's about 10mins away from Disneyland, lots of great white knuckle stuff there esp coasters. Ghost rider, wow, my favorite rattly rickety wooden coaster ever. I guess my favorite at disney would have to be tower of terror.

·
Registered
583 Posts
My wifes fav

i liked this one a lot

This was fun.

But the winner is.....

incredible hulk, universal

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah they are all cool rides anybody been on these 3 wicked ones :D :

Dueling dragons @ Iland of adventure (Universal park 2)

Kumba @ Bush Gardens

and Montu also @ Bush Gardens this was the tallest in florida but not a new one called ShieKra now takes the crown as Florida's tallest roller coaster:

looks wicked to :D

see 4 yourself :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts