Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, have fecked a head on the way from vanfest, burnt a valve and pitted the valve seat to bugger! Thinking of a new set of heads, at mo its on standard bored out to 94mm, motor running a 110 cam and standard rockers. Looking for reliability and a bit of fun at the lights! Was thinking of the 044 special single hr springs from CB part 1447 044 special Anyone have any advice on which heads would suit best?

·
www.SS9Design.co.uk
12,554 Posts
don't go bigger than 40x35.5. in fact, if that was my motor (in a bus) I'd just go for a really nicely ported set of stock heads. Smaller valves means you can keep a high port velocity (which will really boost the low down power), and a nice porting job will really help out the higher rpm. I'd go so far as to say a nicely ported set of stock valve heads (you know, 3-angle valves, porting, single h/d springs etc), would outperform (across the daily driven rpm range) an off the shelf set of big valve heads. It'll certainly feel livelier in a heavy bus

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Paul Knight said:
don't go bigger than 40x35.5. in fact, if that was my motor (in a bus) I'd just go for a really nicely ported set of stock heads. Smaller valves means you can keep a high port velocity (which will really boost the low down power), and a nice porting job will really help out the higher rpm. I'd go so far as to say a nicely ported set of stock valve heads (you know, 3-angle valves, porting, single h/d springs etc), would outperform (across the daily driven rpm range) an off the shelf set of big valve heads. It'll certainly feel livelier in a heavy bus
What he says! ^^^^

Gas velocity is important to low down grunt. and there is a lot of potential in the stock head to improve flow.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers Paul. so i would be better off getting the seats re-cut and new valves in my standard heads then. Any one know where i can get them done as well as a nice port and polish job around the chester area, or i could post them? And for what price roughly?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts