Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all,

well was thinking where and who best to ask about a subjuct like this sooooo where else but VZI:lol:

been asked to be the best man at my friends wedding in august. never been a best man before so thought i'd start my homework early..

so looking for advice/storys/stag/anything funny really lol

cheers all:cool:

·
Registered
20,837 Posts
Just grab a speech off t'interweb, change the names and places then you're done, you can forget about it for 8 months ;)

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,279 Posts
:)

Been a Best Man twice now. Pretty daunting and I was sh*t scared of the speech. I pinched bits from example speeches here:

http://www.hitched.co.uk/speeches/samples/samplespeechhome.aspx#bestman

Don't just copy them word for word. Grab a good beginning, a good end and a good joke plus your favourite funny story about the groom. Not too rude, you can be cheeky but don't forget there'll be all ages there so if its rude you'll have to be subtle so as not to offend.
The best advice I can give is not to be nervous (much easier said than done) have a few shandies to give you some courage but obviously don't get too caned! Keep yourself sane with the knowledge that everyone is drunk and in a great mood so they'll love your speech whatever. If you get them laughing with the first line (Should be easy if you pinch them from the speeches above) your nerves will go instantly.
Good Luck,
Andy
:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.