Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy some new heat exhangers for my 67 bug as they have been leaking for a while and have started to get holes.

Wheres the best place to get some good quality ones that actually fit first time?

Thanks

:hangloose :D

·
25 character limit is cra
6,631 Posts
If you can get past the person at the parts desk who doesn't recognise anything pre 2004, you might still be able to get them at your local VW dealer

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
I did notice the other year that the "Genuine VW" one Heritage were selling didn't have any fins in them. I guess they where brazilian therefore no heat was needed. If you do go for theres then make sure you ask them first if they have the fins. Not sure what I have on mine, think they where Dansk ones from GSF but they seem to do the trick...kind of :crazy:

The proper genuine ones weigh a hell of alot more and they have thinner and more fins in them.

OP

·
Banned
26,771 Posts
buy good secondhand ones or just buy new if genuine have more fins and are heavy repro ones light and fewer fins.

Never had any problems fitting heat exchangers they all fit but exhausts theres a whole new ball game

1 - 10 of 10 Posts