Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few scanned pics of cars from 'Back in the Day';)

Anyone remember the cars?

Extra points if you can name the venue/show and what year it was:D

·
People know me
31,724 Posts
I remember seeing the cars, top two look like at Santa pod, Green square (as far as Im aware has been scraped :() looks like vw Action at Stoneleigh, not sure about last pic, maybe santa pod again?

at a guess of the year 1996?

Danny.

·
Premium Member
12,552 Posts
the orange Bay window crewcab used to belong to my very good mate "the Barnsley Barmpot"

aka Steve Brown ,

another original Monkey Bike nutter , oh happy days

if my memory serves me correctly he bought it off a French guy
then changed hands and colours
I actually drove it a few times , nearly bought it at one point but I had a few too many toys at the time
oh !!!

note to Steve
remember a chrome dash in sunshine ,,, err NO !!!! :D

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Few scanned pics of cars from 'Back in the Day';)

Anyone remember the cars?

Extra points if you can name the venue/show and what year it was:D

Ok from the top

Black and Green bug is Kabster of Mark Bailey with Paintbox paint and Newbury interior.

Black bug on the C plate is the old Hy2Insur owned by Graham of Glasgow. Now redone with targa bumpers one off billet wheels and that decklid that opens upwards.

Black and Peach bug is in this months Ultra VW and belongs to Rob

Green Square - always an oddball to me, never liked the gold plated bits.

Crew Cab came back painted black with flames.

Max Hydraulics car went up in flames.

Top pics, show was Bug Jam of 96 I would say. Graham I dont think would drive down from Scotland for any other event ;) Tony Smiths excellent Resto Cal is in the background of Grahams bug and this came out in 96.

Stu

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Mark with the Kabster lives a couple of miles away from me. It was the car that first got me into VWs. Unfortunately the last time I saw it (about 6 months back) it was looking a little worse for wear on the side of the A249 missing a back wheel. :(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.