Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Blackpool...Gale force winds and sand blowing in our eyes. There's nothing like it. :rolleyes:

BUT!! At least it wasn't raining :incheek:
Thought I'd share

Calm seas









This is ED




 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,781 Posts
florence said:
Just got back from Blackpool...Gale force winds and sand blowing in our eyes. There's nothing like it. :rolleyes:
That's one of my most vivid memories from being a kid.

Sand blowing in my eyes and one hand holding onto my mum and the other on a rubber Jaws toy (it had just come out and there was just that illusion there that a Great White might be blown over the seafront in the storm). :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dogfood said:
That's one of my most vivid memories from being a kid.

Sand blowing in my eyes and one hand holding onto my mum and the other on a rubber Jaws toy (it had just come out and there was just that illusion there that a Great White might be blown over the seafront in the storm). :D
It's always the same at Blackpool.

There's still those guys, who i'm sure have a death wish, they walk up the middle of the road selling flashing necklaces, light sabers and allsorts of spinning things that distract the hell out of you when you are driving back down the motorway. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,772 Posts
Everytime ive been to Blackpool its been the same as those pictures even in summer
lol !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,845 Posts
ExiledWool said:
I really dislike Blackpool - tat at it's best (or should that be worst)
from experience a week on rhodes is cheaper than three days in blackpool :D

been a while since i went but i did like the pase de terror (sp?) haunted house thing in the pleasure beach :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,199 Posts
westy77 said:
been a while since i went but i did like the pase de terror (sp?) haunted house thing in the pleasure beach :D
thats the one thing worth goin to blackpool for, scared the crap outta me :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,845 Posts
ratter said:
thats the one thing worth goin to blackpool for, scared the crap outta me :eek:
it was a bit scary, but the geezer with the chainsaw just before you run into the pub worried me the most :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,995 Posts
ExiledWool said:
I really dislike Blackpool - tat at it's best (or should that be worst)
last time me and a few mates went we spent less than an hour there.....it was dirty,smelly,full of drunks,people sleeping in the road we had some chips from stall only to watch the bloke scrape the counter back into the fryer ........i went as a kid and enjoyed it but i wouldnt take my kids up there know......i dont want them to see that shit.....places(or peoples behavior like that) really makes me ashamed..... :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
westy77 said:
aye probably :D

the gypsy women that curse you if you dont buy thier lucky heather are the best in the town :rolleyes: :D
Them gypsy women are on every corner. I wouldn't want to know whats in store for me, I take it one day at a time. Lifes too short to worry. :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45,845 Posts
florence said:
Them gypsy women are on every corner. I wouldn't want to know whats in store for me, I take it one day at a time. Lifes too short to worry. :rolleyes:
what before or after they lay thier devils curse :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
silly-beetle-girl said:
Er...I might skip Blackpool, looks a tad cold!!
Hey... put on your hat, scarf and gloves and you'll be fine. Oh and a few weights in your shoes to keep you from blowing away.

what before or after they lay their devils curse
I just haven't got the courage to go in :D
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top