Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, my cousin got a degree in medicines etc and he says blood donoring is good for you cos it makes the body produce new blood or something. However, I dont like needles but I think its important that people do it.

·
Prom Queen
8,015 Posts
:(

I'm a blood donor, and i think that's just stupid. I wish they'd just do things properly...
I want to know that the blood I'm giving is going to the right place in time.

Julz

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BUDGET BUS said:
nothing like sweaping gereralisations is there.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
try working for them, then you might understand ;)

no seriously, I have to listen to them prattling on about how it will be good for donors, well I'm asking the donors what they actually think of it all.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
public services everywhere are facing redundancies, and cuts in the name of modernisation. in some cases it can be justified, in others it can't. the full facts of the case are never reported in the media, it depends whether it's the union or management telling the tale.

whether the changes are justified or not i don't believe that any employee (public or private) should be made redundant without being allowed to challenge the decision if at all possible.

i also don't think that making cuts to the blood service is right. If anything government should be investing in it. I give blood, and the last time i went the place was packed with people wishing to donate. However the blood service is still desperate for donors on a daily basis. One operation using five pints of blood is more than a years worth of donations from one donor.

Lessening the opportunity for donors to give is not right, there should be more investment, more donation centres and more processing centres. And the people the government has spent time and money training to operate this vital service should be allowed to do their jobs.

We need them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe less blood means less survial chance meaning answers to over population and lack of pension funds, ie people live to long

·
Registered
25,882 Posts
i give blood when they let me. they are rough. it hurts. would like them to spend some money on not injuring me everytime i go!

·
Chinga tu Madre
6,949 Posts
I go to the main centre in Brentwood about twice a month to donate and I don't think it will be affected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts