Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pink lady bug said:
Why do they hurt so much i mean i had my ear pierced and belly button done but why o why do small tiny needles hurt sooooooo much. :( Been for a blood test today and yes i did better than normal. (normal being kicking and screaming and not lettin them do it making a 5 min appointment last 20 minutes :D) Anybody else have any trouble with blood tests? Or needles at that matter im just as bad with needles :lol:
have a :hug: and remember its just a little prick!!!!! :D well done on being sooooooo brave hun!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
i know how u feel i got my nipple pirced no probs but when i had a bicycle crash i had to have a needle to numb so they could put in stiches and i passed out as they got it close to me :)

·
Registered
757 Posts
It never fails to amaze me the amount of patients I see with needle phobias but are also covered in body piercings and tattoos. What all that about then???? :crazy:

I have two piercings, a tattoo and can even inject myself. I can also take patients blood ...BUT I can't see my own blood being removed in a syringe...I start to feel faint...can't look!!! Weird or what!!! :crazy:

jayne xx

·
Saddest VZi'er 2016
11,472 Posts
I had a blood test in July, I watched as the blood entered the capsule from my arm :D

Worst injection I've had is when I had a very deep cut in my chin, the poor nurse needed to inject INTO the cut :eek: It took her and my parents to hold me down on the table :D

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
i think i'm odd and lucky.
odd cos needles and blood don't bother me
lucky, because I've been punctured lots, so it was useful!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Glad to see i aint the only one there then. I faint the second i see the needle i feel so sick i even have to have the numbing cream aswel thats how bad i get. I have t lie down or i will pass out last time i had one the srgery heared me scream i am terrible and when i went in hospital a few months back it took me to faint for them to do it :( O well never mind im just a wuss i guess :(

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
I give blood on a regular basis, have tattoos and pierced ears (3 times in each) and tbh the actual moment the needle goes in my skin I'm ok with...altho I screw my face up something cronic and tense up to the degree that the needles should really 'bounce off'...it's the moments leading up to the injections etc that I hate. I am my own worst enemy and end up convincing myself they are going to use an tranquilizer dart instead of a small needle :lol:

Pinky...have a :hug:

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
jennybugs said:
I give blood on a regular basis, have tattoos and pierced ears (3 times in each) and tbh the actual moment the needle goes in my skin I'm ok with...altho I screw my face up something cronic and tense up to the degree that the needles should really 'bounce off'...it's the moments leading up to the injections etc that I hate. I am my own worst enemy and end up convincing myself they are going to use an tranquilizer dart instead of a small needle :lol:

Pinky...have a :hug:
thank you so much hun :hug: I got 2 lovely holes in my arm now :( Sure my arm will drop off any moment :D

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
pink lady bug said:
thank you so much hun :hug: I got 2 lovely holes in my arm now :( Sure my arm will drop off any moment :D
If it does, come see me and I can make you a new one :hug:

·
Registered
11,044 Posts
I never used to have any problems with needles/blood, whereas both my brothers would pass out at the sight of either, but as I've got older I've found it makes me a little queasy. I think it got worse last time I went to give blood and I didn't wait for the puncture hole to heal so I got up and sprayed blood halfway around the church hall :p

I do hate it when the needle is in there but it pops out of the vein, so they have to wiggle it around to pop in back in.... *shudder*

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
it doesn't usually bother me I don't particualrly like it but I've had so many blood tests now that I just get on with it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts