Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an email yesterday for my halifax account informing me that a direct debit had not been paid on the 14th jan and that they would be collecting £35 fee for this on the 29th.:mad:
Now that account is just for direct debits only,i've rounded each one up to the nearest £ and that amount is tranfered in,to come out the following month,so always enough in there plus a bit to cover everything.
So off i went at 9am to the halifax,"oh we'er sorry there must have been a mistake",bloody right there was,"We wont be taking the £35 charge",i should bloody think not.
I wonder how many times they do that to their thousands of customer and how many dont notice.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
as long as you don't get charged by the receiver of the payment as it didni't go through.

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
my dial up internet didn't work once. it kept saying invalid password or username. in the end i called them and they said my direct debit had failed and they cut my internet off. they said they'd sent me an e-mail - idiots, i had no internet to read it. why not leave a decent message saying please contact customer services instead of invalid username or password. it wasn't invalid, it was suspended.

there was no reason for the direct debit to not come out as i had the money so it must have just gone a bit wrong.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one they didnt pay was aol,if perform at their normal speed it will be at least a few weeks before they notice:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
I wonder how many times they do that to their thousands of customer and how many dont notice.
I had the same with the N&P for a lot of years , they took money out of my Bills acount on a monthly basis (yeah i was crap at payin money in ) but at £35 notes a time over the years it mounted up...... to the point where i claimed £7000 back through one of these no win no fees claim peeps .......

I would never have saved that much and am well happy coz i can afford the new engine i always wanted now !!!!!!!!:incheek::incheek:

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seen it but not heard it,the sound go's straight off as soon as i see the bay:)

·
Registered
21,200 Posts
Stopped using Halifax for that very reason of bank charges.

It got to a point where the only reason we were going overdrawn and getting bank charges was because they were charging us bank charges!
I dread to even think of the time I've wasted in their Blyth branch trying to sort it all out, let alone the money :mad:

·
Premium Member
12,552 Posts
have to disagree with you guys

Halifax is OK in my books

the current ad is definetly the best one yet ,as far as any TV ads go
even though they still managed to get Howard in on the act , still in a bloody suit

·
Registered
21,200 Posts

even though they still managed to get Howard in on the act , still in a bloody suit
Depends on what you actually use them for. If all you do is pay money in and take money out (a "piggy bank" if you will) then there's proberbly very little they can get wrong.

If something goes tits up like a direct debit not going out at the right time or something unpredictable happens, they will shit on you from a great height and charge you £35 for it.

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Yep he'd be better in a barrel going over a big waterfall:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts