Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just done an oil, coolant, fan coupling and cambelt change on my daily driver D-reg BMW 320i and the amount of bloody problems I had.... this is actually a complete lie because this is by far the easiest watercooled car I've ever worked on and I had ZERO problems! :D

The most difficult job was actually putting the bonnet back on as I took the bonnet off for easy access (it's hinged at the front so opens outwards).

They don't make 'em like that anymore. Especially BMW because the newer ones don't even have header tanks so it's an absolute arse to get all the air out of the cooling system after a coolant change.

·
Registered
21,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pyro said:
Put a tap into the highest pipe.
I did something similar with my old E34 5 series but the heater matrix had a nasty habit of keeping air in it even when the heater was switched onto full.

ASH 54 said:
cool cars, really miss my old E30, I use to like fixing it as it was always so easy.
My 320i only cost me £250 last February and it's built like a tank!

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
The A reg I mentioned earlier is actually an F reg. oops, sorry.:rolleyes:
edit,reply to pm.:)He just wants rid.MOT 'till Nov I think, tax run out and SORNED, couple/few hundred will probably make him happy.

·
Registered
21,596 Posts
seen a 318i on net with mot till sept 2007 for £100! Will he take £120?

·
Registered
21,596 Posts
rusty doors thats all. Pased mot with no bother. Its d reg tho, all plain oh yeah seats shit as all the cloth ones are

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Leather seats, usual rip in drivers, been stood for months but jump leads off my Fiesta and it fired up ok and ticked over nice. Nice drive he says, not been in it myself, engine bay looks worse than it actually is, no oil leaks that I can find.
edit: good tyres and the spare looks almost new.

·
Registered
21,596 Posts
had a 316i f reg myself. Ages ago all show and no go but comfy. What will he drop too as Im skint lol

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Dunno mate, he's skint too that's why he's selling, can PM his mobile if you want and haggle it out between you, by the way, he's in Speke,Liverpool near John Lennon airport so distance might be a prob.

·
Registered
21,596 Posts
hmmm that it would! no worries!

Put it back in the for sale section or on the e30 forum

1 - 20 of 22 Posts