Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....and I don't mean the coffin dodgers that decamp on the hard shoulder for a picnic...no, these ones are far more sinister, they seem to be spying on the innocent motorist! There are packs of them sporting high viz jackets, skulking at cross roads and roundabouts gathering information some sort of key pad.

What are they doing? :tick:

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
prophet said:
Usually just counting cars.

but they might be out to get you ....
Why are they counting cars? Are they plotting an octogenarian revoulution based around the overthrow of fossil fuel motoring in favour of electric mobility scooters??? :eek:

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,209 Posts
I saw some of those this morning.....

I always assumed it was a traffic survey if they wanted to put in a new pedestrian crossing etc?

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Shamrockez said:
I saw some of those this morning.....

I always assumed it was a traffic survey if they wanted to put in a new pedestrian crossing etc?
There swarming all over Taunton and Wellington!!

·
Registered
19,789 Posts
Traffic surveys. It's not just blue rinsers that do it either ;)

You get paid loads of money for sitting around in the freezing cold all day counting cars, vans and artics.

I wish they'd do these things in the summer more often!!

·
Registered
19,789 Posts
Shamrockez said:
How can you apply for this? Sounds like an ace job ofr us students! :D
It's all done by word of mouth as far as I can see.

I got into it via a mate who was doing it who was introduced to it by another mate etc etc.....

·
Registered
19,789 Posts
Shamrockez said:
Sounds like I need to find some blue rinsers to chat to then :lol:
Find someone who's sat there doing it and just ask them for the contact details of the company they're working for.

·
Registered
20,431 Posts
Shamrockez said:
How can you apply for this? Sounds like an ace job ofr us students! :D
Slight problem there dude - they need people who can count and saty awake at the same time.

Student - nah - not a chance

·
Holy Calamity
67,033 Posts
I've done it in the past, but it was for the local council. I got paid to sit on a railway platform all day and count how many people entered the station from a particular side and used the walkway over to the other :lol: I couldn't tell you how to get into it though, my Sister worked there at the time and put my name forward...

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DarrenW said:
I've done it in the past, but it was for the local council. I got paid to sit on a railway platform all day and count how many people entered the station from a particular side and used the walkway over to the other :lol: I couldn't tell you how to get into it though, my Sister worked there at the time and put my name forward...
Did you get job satisfaction and a sense of warm fulfilment?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts