Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, does anyone know where i could either buy hire or borrow a set of body rollers for a split bus ?

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
the only possible problem with putting a splitty on a body roller is the fact they normally bolt to the hubs and most of the time the adaptors you can get with them arnt big enough for the 205x5 split bus pattern, i used one on my late bay and it was good :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
there was a guy on ssvc Pete Tohill who's mate made some sets but he's too busy to make any more at the moment, which bolted directly through the chassis when everything is stripped off, does anyone know anyone i might loan some from ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Toe Jam, they look perfect for the job, Have you any plans / drawings etc if you dont mind sharing ???? :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that would be cool dude, have to arrange something for next week if thats ok ?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Very nice Toejam.:)
How many people do you need to roll a van using your bodyroller?

·
Registered
710 Posts
stikky,ive made some bars with the help of a friend and your welcome to the mesurements or to veiw ,not sure where you are so might not be viable

the bus went over a treat with these and came back over very easy to my suprize

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,332 Posts
Bugsy_Malone 666 said:
the only possible problem with putting a splitty on a body roller is the fact they normally bolt to the hubs and most of the time the adaptors you can get with them arnt big enough for the 205x5 split bus pattern, i used one on my late bay and it was good :)
Yeah you need wheel adapters to roll a wide 5 Bug or Bus. We use 5-4 Stud adapters on ours.

Frosts hire them for about £40 week or £80 - or was a couple years ago before we bought ours.

They're definatly worth the money tho - we've had ours 2yrs and only been out of 'use' for about 8 weeks since then!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts