Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a new project a couple of months back. It's a 56 Rag imported from Misourri in the US. My daughter has named him Bolt!

Body has been dipped and E Primed and is super solid for a 60 year old car. Heater channels, 1/4 panels, doors, etc all super solid. RHD dash has been installed at some point and done to a high standard.

Needs little bits of welding here and there and 2 new floor pan halves.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks Phil. Yes it's the OG floorpan. Both pan halves shot though so need to replace them.

Other plans...nose down stance, Willwood front discs, Built engine and gearbox...basically build myself a nice quick bug that will be driven...not sure on colour yet...OG colour was Stratos Silver but my daughter doesn't like it!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Thanks Phil. Yes it's the OG floorpan. Both pan haves shot though so need to replace them.

Other plans...nose down stance, Willwood front discs, Built engine and gearbox...basically build myself a nice quick bug that will be driven...not sure on colour yet...OG colour was Stratos Silver but my daughter doesn't like it!
Nice �� Stratos silver is one of the nicest oval colours in my opinion. Funny how daughters try to influence you, I have the same issues with mine ��
Decided on wheels yet?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Oval ragtop has to be one of the most desireable VWs :cool:
I'd stick with the original colour especially when it's so nice :cool:
You keeping it stock?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I agree it's a great colour but the boss is the boss!

As for wheels I would like to get a custom set of billets made up but don't think the budget will stretch so more than likely go for Flat 4 Fuchs; 4.5's on the front and 6's on the back. Want something that will tuck under nicely without narrowing the beam and Fuchs have a great offset.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No not keeping it stock Jim. Kind of going for a resto mod look. Stock bodywork but updated drive train, etc so it goes and stops nicely

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,639 Posts
Nice work! I’d always want to keep the original colour BUT if that’s not an option; Reed Green makes a nice change and is not a usual choice.

I had an oval that was reed green when new. It was always my intention to return it to that colour but I had to sell it sadly.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
No not keeping it stock Jim. Kind of going for a resto mod look. Stock bodywork but updated drive train, etc so it goes and stops nicely
Sounds the ticket! You'll want something you'll enjoy driving and looking at :cool:

I've only sons so not something I've had to contend with, generally was either told to make mine into Herbie or else paint black :lol:

1 - 20 of 107 Posts