Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a look through some previous threads but haven't found what I wanted.
My insurance is due on my newbie soon and I can't believe the quotes I'm getting!
It is lowered 40mm, 18" alloys and has a front splitter.

Quotes I'm getting are for £600+ and thats with 5 years no claims bonus and old fogie westy77 on my insurance as an additional driver! :eek:

Most of the cheap ones won't quote me at all and HSBC and Direct line have given those shocking ones.

Does anyone have any ideas who I could try?
I'm currently with Footman james and I want to get away from them as they are so rubbish at paperwork, I didn't feel confident with them at all. :(

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
my newbie cost about 280 ish last year
thats lowered with alloys (17inch)
for me (24) with 5 yrs no claims and marc as additional driver

did it through elephant in the end and they have seemed fine (altho I havent needed to claim anything - touch wood lol)

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my newbie cost about 280 ish last year
thats lowered with alloys (17inch)
for me (24) with 5 yrs no claims and marc as additional driver

did it through elephant in the end and they have seemed fine (altho I havent needed to claim anything - touch wood lol)
Cheers I might give them a go.
It seems once you go over 2 modifications, it gets harder to get insured.
I don't want to change my car. :(

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
19,332 Posts
try HIC and Flux. They've both quoted me on Robbie, and he's less than £600 with more mods than yours, plus the added LHDness and I'm under 25.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I normally use HIC, in fact I have had at least one policy with them for the last 8 years or so.

But they took the piss out of me last week when I got a quote of £430 for my vr6 vento with a few mods.

Phoned admiral who used to insure my V6 mondeo and they quoted £230. Only £300 even if I put a roll cage in. And they do multi car, so I can insure the passat and the T4 with them too. So thats HIC losing £600 a year of my business then!

·
Registered
15,390 Posts
is a splitter a modification ?

"it was there when i got it i thought it was standard" ?

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I normally use HIC, in fact I have had at least one policy with them for the last 8 years or so.

But they took the piss out of me last week when I got a quote of £430 for my vr6 vento with a few mods.

Phoned admiral who used to insure my V6 mondeo and they quoted £230. Only £300 even if I put a roll cage in. And they do multi car, so I can insure the passat and the T4 with them too. So thats HIC losing £600 a year of my business then!
Cheers I'll try them too. I have some hope for tomorrow!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts