Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not got it yet, pick it up this week.

it had a dodgy clutch, so the condition of me buying it is that they sort that.

if im not satisfied though, ill just sack it off and buy another one :D

·
Registered
13,136 Posts
high gearbox makes it a modern car, low range makes it like driving a 1200 beetle speed lol

its just for normal driving or offroad power, i dont know how much difference it makes but normally you can do liek about 35-40mph tops in top gear when in low range, but you can tow tanks.

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
non turbo dude :(

although on the 'trader at the mo is a turbo for 995

L reg - could be ideal for the scumball ;)

·
Registered
14,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bugsy_Malone 666 said:
high gearbox makes it a modern car, low range makes it like driving a 1200 beetle speed lol

its just for normal driving or offroad power, i dont know how much difference it makes but normally you can do liek about 35-40mph tops in top gear when in low range, but you can tow tanks.
it was rethorical, but cheers ;)

·
Registered
877 Posts
Hi/Lo just give you the option of running the wheels slower -less likely to spin, I guess I've always thought of it as a way of getting higher torque to at the wheels. Driven a legacy for a few years in -not off road but in snow and icy roads -never needed to use Lo ratio - they are such good handlers anyway - I love them, around corners in 4WD you might expect it to hop a bit but mine just grips the road and feels solid.

The clutch is a lot like a beetle to change -unbolt the engine, take the drive shafts out of the tranny, move it back/down, replace the clutch & pressure plate then reverse to get everything back on, I did this on my legacy a while ago -biggest problem was lifting the tranny back up - it was heavy and awkward. Cheap job but took a weekend (first time).

·
Registered
11,621 Posts
Legacies are great cars! Used the low for towing heavy loads, to get upto speeds on occasion, or if climbing a hil, droping in to low is an option when towing(as apposed to down a gear or two.)

Used to find the understeer quite badly in the wet when giving them stick round a roundabout say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts