Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive just got some 2nd hand disc,s for up front on my 72 bug,only running 1200 at the min,but poss going 1641 later,thinking of hoses is it worth the extra money for goodridge ones ?

·
Registered
675 Posts
they would not really make that much difference with your application to be honest. if you were upgrading all the brake parts to bigger/more powerful master cylinders/slaves then possibly might feel the need. try going for cintered brake pads instead for more bite/feed back.

·
Premium Member
8,867 Posts
I luv Goodridge hoses, got 'em on my Chesil Speedster, (with silicone brake fluid), on the wife's Jetta, on my Audi 100, Tens of thousands of trouble free miles. Before that I was replacing (genuine VW) front hoses on the Audi & Jetta every 18 months, due to them bulging, and every couple of years on the Speedster, due to them collapsing internally, or the ends rusting up. I got the Goodridge ones with stainless ends, and they all look spotless, the oldest ones have been on the car since 1998. In those days, a full set cost £ 60, standard ones from VW Dealer were £ 12 each, so IMHO, well worth the extra few quid. I know prices have gone up since then, but they are still the dogs whatnots.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts