Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked up all the bits for a Straight axle kit(1500 box,strectch tubes,caps and axles.Plus all the boots,mounts etc to fit it.

Now for the brakes.
type 3 earlys(too expensive?)

Bug brakes...too small?

Trekker brakes??

OR

Can i have my 60 split drums?

Also is there any thing else i need?If its ok the use my 60 drums..will my backing plates and shoes be ok?

Can i still run wide five?

Thanks smudge

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
samthomas33 said:
was your van not already SA'ed at the rear? and are you keeping it now smudge?
nope..down 2 splines on reduction boxes!! :eek:

or should i say.. inner one side,outer the other :crazy:

shes still up for sale dude but got to keep working on her so i can roll her till she sells. :)

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Smudge I did see a post a while back about upgrading the Beetle rear cylinders by using front ones, just to give you a bit more stopping power. To be honest I don't notice much difference using the standard bug brakes!?!?!?!

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
shaka1976 said:
Smudge I did see a post a while back about upgrading the Beetle rear cylinders by using front ones, just to give you a bit more stopping power. To be honest I don't notice much difference using the standard bug brakes!?!?!?!
might get my 60 drums machines to fit late bug backing plates.I can see a problem with using bug brakes ok ther are smaller but ill stamp the pedal harder! :D

Only problem would be is that i want to run wide 5 and go down 2 splines aswell.Id have to run 4-5 adaptors which would make the wheel even harder to remove!

Fancy a trip to London on Saturday?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
You muppet I was there today!!
Also I just found these on Big Boys Toys - Hub Conversion Spacers - Allows the fitment of 5-stud rear brakes drums to 4-stud axles. set of 4.

Price - 24.95 GBP

Don't know if they are any good?

·
Registered
10,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not got the cash till saturday so wouldnt of been able to get the cash to you to make a pick up :(
Eventually im going T3 with adjustable springplates but for now its a scaf bar! :D

you ordered your cable yet?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Tried getting one from Volkspares today but they don't stock my year. Ordered one from Vanshack, picking it up on Saturday!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts