Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had break down cover previously with the AA called them out 3 times, once to tow me to a tyre garage as my wheel had burst and didn't have a spare : / (forgot to put it back in). - This was not car specific and the recovery plus (drop me and the car wherever i want nation wide) was a massive help more than anything mechanical they did.

I've just got my '73 bug and am gonna get break down cover as although I will be driving locally and just at weekends, I'm not gonna hesitate to drive down to see family in the south / visit the girlfriend whilst at home and mainly travel to shows.

Anyone got any recommendations? BreakDownDirect seem reallly cheap & good but they only cover cars 15 years or younger.. :(

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I'm with the RAC and that covers me in any car which is the useful bit. I think it's about £80 a year which certainly aint the cheapest but I had them out two or three times last year so was well worth it.

There are some offered with your insurance so it may also be worth looking into those.

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
4,529 Posts
Mine is through my insurance (Peter best) the entire policy with mods to my van and full european breakdown cover, agreed value is only £180.

My last policy was with sureterm direct, had to call them out in the UK and Europe, no problems either time.

Adrian

·
Registered
826 Posts
I use the RAC, I jhave had great help and advise from them, I used them for my bug and my splitty, but 2 weeks ago I had a letter telling me I had reached my callout limit (5times) and any further call outs would be charged at at least £59 (i think) and that next year I may have a reduced number of callouts :( , I was a little surprised as I have got more than basic recovery, any way just keep count of how many times you use them haha, I am keeping my fingers well and truly crossed now until July when me cover is renewed that I don't break down.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
***(STARDUST)*** said:
I use the RAC, I jhave had great help and advise from them, I used them for my bug and my splitty, but 2 weeks ago I had a letter telling me I had reached my callout limit (5times) and any further call outs would be charged at at least £59 (i think) and that next year I may have a reduced number of callouts :( , I was a little surprised as I have got more than basic recovery, any way just keep count of how many times you use them haha, I am keeping my fingers well and truly crossed now until July when me cover is renewed that I don't break down.
Cheers bud, I wasn't aware of this so I'll bear it in mind. Presumably the other option is to change to another company at renewal time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts