Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, after finding some previously bodged grot in the rear quarters of the girlfriends bug, we have made the decision to break it up for parts :(

We've too many projects to work on, and the reality is that her car is never going to be worth the money that we'd have to spend on restoring it for a 2nd time.

So, we have a previously restored 1300 beetle that is to be broke. The bug was home to a fair few extra goodies, Fuch wheels, sunvisor, chrome window wind deflectors, rear window blind, nice freshly trimmed interior, bamboo parcel shelf, dropped spindles, disc brakes on the front, bugpack coil over shocks up front too, tombstone rear lights, clearvision headlights... everything that is an 'extra' on the car is in fantastic condition, and are recent addititions (we just didn't know about the hidden rot)

If there is anything that you want, that isn't listed here... don't be afraid to ask.

So, where do I start? Anything you see, that you want, just shout. If I've not posted a price, you ask, I'll sort a price out. The parts can be collected from Barnsley/North Sheffield/Bradford by prior arrangement. You can PM me, or email me on [email protected] or even pick up the phone and give me a call on 07970 693116.

Here's some pics:

This is the car in question. Bolt on parts are in good condition, just a shame that when the car was previously 'restored' the main body was just covered in filler, with the odd pigeon squeezed here and there :(

What can we see?
Tail lights £20 pair. Good condition, includes lens, bulbholder, chrome bezel, foam seal, housing & rubber gasket. Only Offside available now... £10

Deck lid £35. fanstastic condition, no rust. SOLD

Deck lid lock £5. With key... obviously :p Great chrome.

Rear valance £10. Looks in good shape. Looks like the transit paint was never removed when it was fitted, just had a skim over and painted. Will be cut out and include a small part of rear quarter so you can trim to fit. I'll only sell this on confirmation of quality when I remove it if anyone is interested.

Rear window seal £15. Complete with chrome inset. Not perished in anyway.

Rear window blind £30. Bought only last year. In Ivory. requires no drilling to fix. As new condition. SOLD

Set of 4 Fuchs £800 ono. 15"x6J with tyres (will confirm makes and sizes) but all in good order. Includes porsche centre caps and locking wheel bolts. These are the real deal... not repros. These wheels fit under stock arches, with no rubbing, not even from the fronts and thats with dropped spindles! SOLD

Pair of 10mm spacers £10. Used with the above wheels to allow the centre caps to be fitted on the rear wheels.

Windscreen Visor £75. Blue perspex. Clamps to gutters, adjustable angle. Again, only bought last year. I think it has a very light scuff on one end of the perspex. SOLD

Wing top indicators £20. Fantastic quality chrome and clear lenses. SOLD

Clear vision headlights £40. As new.

Pair wiper arms and blades £20. Good condition. Silver painted.

Front windscreen £20. Was new a couple of years back, and the bug hasn't been out on the road much since. Good condition.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)

Steering wheel £40. Wooden rim, great condition. Includes Boss.

Speedo with chrome bezel £20. fully working speedo and fuel gauge with chrome outer bezel. SOLD

Wooden gear knob £5. With Wolfsburg crest.

Wooden Handbrake handle £3. To match with gear knob and ste3ring wheel. Can be seen in steering wheel pic above.

Wooden trim window winder handles. £6 To match the other wooden interior goodies.

Bamboo parcel shelf £30. As new, only bought at Dubfreeze. Includes fixings.

52mm Oil temp gauge £15. Timex brand. Chrome outer bezel mimics Audi TT look. 7 colour options for display.

52mm Revcounter £15. Timex brand. Chrome outer bezel mimics Audi TT look. 7 colour options for display.

52mm Twin gauge holder £5. Black plastic. Mount gauges out of the way under your dash.

Carpet set £50. Dark blue taylored carpet set. Includes underlay/soundproofing.

Rear view mirror £10. Very clean. SOLD

Pair Sunvisors £20. Very clean. Not fitted long ago. Includes clips.

Grab handles Pair £15. Again, very clean. Not fitted long ago.

Interior £150. Overall, very good condition. Blue with cream piping. Includes 2 front seats (3 point mounting) Back seat, door cards and rear cards. The back seat has a parcel shelf attached to it. There is a small rip, about the size of a 5p coin on the back seat back rest near the bottom. SOLD

3 Point seatbelts. Pair £60 3 point static seatbelts featuring Wolfsburg crest buckles. Great condition.

Other things not pictured that I can think of:

Complete Front beam with dropped spindles and disc brakes £200 Good condition. Simply bolt it on, bleed your brakes and go. Everything included... inc steering box and bugpack coil over shocks. Discs are 4x130PCD, but also drilled for 5x130. May split. Dropped spindles and disc brakes now sold. Beam & steering box still available inc tie rods etc. £60

Swing axle gearbox. Hub to hub. £100. Includes everything from brake drum to brake drum (drums, backing plates, axles, tubes and gearbox). Drums are 4x130PCD, but also drilled for 5x130. May split.

Petrol tank. £20. Includes sender.

Wings. £10 each Upright fronts, tombstone rears. SOLD

Chrome window wind deflectors £15 Never fitted. As new condition.

Anything else... just ask :)

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Seems a bit of a waste, have you tried to sell it as is?

I'm sure you'd get £500 for it even if you sold the wheels seperatly.

Bit too far away for me, but it would be a shame to see another bug scrapped.

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems a bit of a waste, have you tried to sell it as is?

I'm sure you'd get £500 for it even if you sold the wheels seperatly.

Bit too far away for me, but it would be a shame to see another bug scrapped.
It looks brill in the pictures, but underneath the glossy paint and the 1 inch thick filler lies a horrible rusty monster :(

I was gutted when I found it. And really annoyed at the person that has hidden all the rot under the filler.

I wouldn't want to try and pass it off onto anyone, hence why I would rather someone else benefit out of the parts.

Interior, all 4 wings, passenger side rear light and headliner all provisionally sold.

Thanks.

·
Registered
18,518 Posts
Fuck dude (and claire) i don't believe it:(

Bet you are gutted:( and well :mad::mad:

Do you have pics of the crappy area's?

As sie1970 says try shift it as is less the wheels (and other pretty bolt ons)

It will sell for £500 at that, even as an honestly described 'project'

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Fuck dude (and claire) i don't believe it:(

Bet you are gutted:( and well :mad::mad:

Do you have pics of the crappy area's?

As sie1970 says try shift it as is less the wheels (and other pretty bolt ons)

It will sell for £500 at that, even as an honestly described 'project'
Yep, well gutted.

I've only had a dig around on the rear offside quarter, and the front nearside quarter, and they're more holey than the pope :(

Claire said that she'd rather we had just the 1 bug project that turns out fantastic than 2 mediocre ones... so a few bits are gonna be donor bits for my bug, but looking at the bodywork, my bug project is in a better state... thats how bad it is. At the end of the day, it's a '76 bug, so never gonna be tax exempt or worth anything. :(

So we'll sell off anything that anybody else can make use of, donate a couple of bits towards my bug and weigh the shell & chassis in.

All funds will be going towards build a new garage to finish off my bug project... finally! (only been off the road about 5 years now!)

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much to post the parcel shelf dude?

Schneeky
Sorry dude, I miss read your post, I thought you were asking about the price... missed the word 'post'

I'll get you a quote, its not heavy, but I dunno if I'll be able to send it thru the post or whether i'd have to courier it.

Sorry for misunderstanding. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
fist dibs on the wheels please, I need to check sizes for mine 15" is good, need to check on the 6" wide, can you tell me the offset?

They're for a 76 bay so if you can tell if they're straight bolt on with no issues - great.

pm'd my details

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
fist dibs on the wheels please, I need to check sizes for mine 15" is good, need to check on the 6" wide, can you tell me the offset?

They're for a 76 bay so if you can tell if they're straight bolt on with no issues - great.

pm'd my details
I shall confirm tyre sizes and offsets on thursday if thats ok

You have first dibs on them tho if they are suitable for what you want.

The PCD of the wheels is 5x130 (porsche fitment) so you'll either need your discs/drums drilled to suit, or will need adaptors.

Thanks
andy

·
Registered
18,518 Posts
Yep, well gutted.

I've only had a dig around on the rear offside quarter, and the front nearside quarter, and they're more holey than the pope :(

Claire said that she'd rather we had just the 1 bug project that turns out fantastic than 2 mediocre ones... so a few bits are gonna be donor bits for my bug, but looking at the bodywork, my bug project is in a better state... thats how bad it is. At the end of the day, it's a '76 bug, so never gonna be tax exempt or worth anything. :(

So we'll sell off anything that anybody else can make use of, donate a couple of bits towards my bug and weigh the shell & chassis in.

All funds will be going towards build a new garage to finish off my bug project... finally! (only been off the road about 5 years now!)
Feel for you both mate, i really do:(:(

You are wise doing what you say..................hows your bug coming along then?;)

·
Registered
7,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
cant see in the pics, but might aswell ask.....passenger mirror ?
Sorry, no mirror on the passenger (near side) door.

Feel for you both mate, i really do:(:(

You are wise doing what you say..................hows your bug coming along then?;)
My bug? It's still sat in the garage. Buying a house got in the way of doing that, but I have permision ( :lol: ) to stop on the house work to get the back garden cleared and get a shed and garage built. After all, I can tile a kitchen over winter, but I can't build a garage while its pi$$ing it down!

So, my bug is still a big pile of bits... but, if this rain ever stops, the garden will be one step closer to having a nice big garage built to finish my resto!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Complete Front beam with dropped spindles and disc brakes £200 Good condition. Simply bolt it on, bleed your brakes and go. Everything included... inc steering box and bugpack coil over shocks. Discs are 4x130PCD, but also drilled for 5x130. May split.
if you split it id be interested in the calipers

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.