Volkszone Forum banner

Breaking late 70's bug. PLUS Fuchs Wheels & Extra Goodies

10K views 87 replies 26 participants last post by  Noncompusmentis 
#1 · (Edited)
Unfortunately, after finding some previously bodged grot in the rear quarters of the girlfriends bug, we have made the decision to break it up for parts :(

We've too many projects to work on, and the reality is that her car is never going to be worth the money that we'd have to spend on restoring it for a 2nd time.

So, we have a previously restored 1300 beetle that is to be broke. The bug was home to a fair few extra goodies, Fuch wheels, sunvisor, chrome window wind deflectors, rear window blind, nice freshly trimmed interior, bamboo parcel shelf, dropped spindles, disc brakes on the front, bugpack coil over shocks up front too, tombstone rear lights, clearvision headlights... everything that is an 'extra' on the car is in fantastic condition, and are recent addititions (we just didn't know about the hidden rot)

If there is anything that you want, that isn't listed here... don't be afraid to ask.

So, where do I start? Anything you see, that you want, just shout. If I've not posted a price, you ask, I'll sort a price out. The parts can be collected from Barnsley/North Sheffield/Bradford by prior arrangement. You can PM me, or email me on andyhayward@yahoo.com or even pick up the phone and give me a call on 07970 693116.

Here's some pics:

This is the car in question. Bolt on parts are in good condition, just a shame that when the car was previously 'restored' the main body was just covered in filler, with the odd pigeon squeezed here and there :(

What can we see?
Tail lights £20 pair. Good condition, includes lens, bulbholder, chrome bezel, foam seal, housing & rubber gasket. Only Offside available now... £10

Deck lid £35. fanstastic condition, no rust. SOLD

Deck lid lock £5. With key... obviously :p Great chrome.

Rear valance £10. Looks in good shape. Looks like the transit paint was never removed when it was fitted, just had a skim over and painted. Will be cut out and include a small part of rear quarter so you can trim to fit. I'll only sell this on confirmation of quality when I remove it if anyone is interested.

Rear window seal £15. Complete with chrome inset. Not perished in anyway.

Rear window blind £30. Bought only last year. In Ivory. requires no drilling to fix. As new condition. SOLD

Set of 4 Fuchs £800 ono. 15"x6J with tyres (will confirm makes and sizes) but all in good order. Includes porsche centre caps and locking wheel bolts. These are the real deal... not repros. These wheels fit under stock arches, with no rubbing, not even from the fronts and thats with dropped spindles! SOLD

Pair of 10mm spacers £10. Used with the above wheels to allow the centre caps to be fitted on the rear wheels.

Windscreen Visor £75. Blue perspex. Clamps to gutters, adjustable angle. Again, only bought last year. I think it has a very light scuff on one end of the perspex. SOLD

Wing top indicators £20. Fantastic quality chrome and clear lenses. SOLD

Clear vision headlights £40. As new.

Pair wiper arms and blades £20. Good condition. Silver painted.

Front windscreen £20. Was new a couple of years back, and the bug hasn't been out on the road much since. Good condition.

See less See more
#56 ·
Sorry for lack of updates yesterday, I was out of the office, so no internet access.

I went and dismantled most of the bug last night.

So far, I have sold for deffinate (I have the money for the sale) the following:

Rear view mirror
Under seat kickboards
Front indicators.

I have the following which are due for collection:
Bumpers and irons
Dropped spindles and disc brakes
Interior
All 4 wings
Nearside rear light

I have quoted the people that have 1st dibs on items such as the Visor, blind and parcel shelf.

Thanks.

#58 ·
More details on the Fuchs:

All 4 wheels are 6J x 15. They are ET36. The part numbers are 911.361.020.40.

2 wheels have Maragoni Zeta tyres fitted, 195 50 R15 82V
2 wheels have Continental Ecoconti tyres, 185 60 R15 84H

All 4 tyres have very good tread. Hardly been used.

Pics of all 4 wheels:

#69 ·
Quick update for you.

The following items have now sold:
Interior
Wings
Nearside rear light
Rearview Mirror
Kickboards under rear seat
Dropped spindles & disc brakes
Wing top Indicators
Visor
Rear window blind
Speedo & Chrome bezel
Bumpers & irons

:) Thanks

Andy.

#72 ·
Ok, quick update.

The following items are no longer available:
Wheels
Indicators
Bumpers
Visor
Blind
Speedo & Bezel
Deck lid
Glovebox liner
Interior
Wings
Near side rear light
Rear view mirror
kick boards
spindles & disc brakes

The Indifferent One, you have PM. I need payment, else the parts you wanted go back on offer.

Thanks
:)

#73 ·
Hi
Would you be able to cut the front scuttle panel out for me.
The bit that goes in front of the windscreen and has the holes for wipers and washer.
I need the whole of this bit especially the lip that goes under the bonnet.
Also need the tops of the front quarter panels again the bits that go under the edge of the bonnet.
Please call me on 07971241381 if you can help.
Bits needed urgently, I've just found the same problem of half inch of filler around the front parts.
Cheers mate
Graham

#88 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.