Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, ok we found it in our own barn!

The story goes something like this.

My stepfather purchased this beetle from VW Action at some point in the early '80's for £1500! Unfortunately at some point it was vandalised and had to be completely stripped down and re sprayed, this was about 20 years ago. When it came back from having its respray it was then put on the back burner due to work commitments and the renovation of his house, one thing led to another and before he knew it , it was 20 years later and the only thing that had happened was the new 1500cc engine had been bolted in, purely to transport it when moving house. So after lots of persuasion, and the flame being reignited this year by me buying a bay we have decided that now is the time to bring it back to life, unfortunately due to weather we have got off to a slow start, the plan is as follows

We clear out this garage at the front of the house and bring the beetle down from the barn at the top

Before

Get my junk out!

After

Problem is the beetle has to be A framed across here

We could of used this

But thought better of it

So we have had to postpone until we have had a few dry days, the beetle hasn't come in to contact with water for 20 years so it's not about to start now!

So this it what it is doing now

In terms of what needs doing we are not 100% but the engine will need plumbing in, breaks interior trim and a new hood are first on the list!

Fans of the rat look, slamming, patina (fake or otherwise) May be slightly dissapointed as it will remain at stock height and on stock wheels, the paint will be polished aswell :eek:

Wish us luck and keep us going!

This is the next job!

·
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers, hopefully if wednesday through to the weekend is dry the paddock will recover enough for us to bring it down to the garage so we can get some idea of what needs doing, i may have some questions about re registering it soon, if there are any experts in that field?

·
Registered
9,535 Posts
Hey!
I have been waiting for this since you teased us all in the chat section :lol:
Looks an awesome ride, and its nice for someone not to touch it all with the lowering stick!
:hangloose
Alex

·
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, Russell (step dad) isnt a fan of anything being tickled with the lowering stick, im not even allowed to lower my own Bay! to be fair he still owns about half of it though! We hoping that it will be as nice as (this is where it gets confusing) my step dads step dads '61!!!

Talk about dissfunctional!

·
Registered
8,641 Posts
Thinking about it have you seen the Volksworld Peppercorn report ? i think there is a pic of your Step Dad & your Mum ? by the Vert with a caption about Mr & Mrs flat cap ! lol :lol: ;) :D

·
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thinking about it have you seen the Volksworld Peppercorn report ? i think there is a pic of your Step Dad & your Mum ? by the Vert with a caption about Mr & Mrs flat cap ! lol :lol: ;) :D
HAHA, told yoi t was confusing, the chap with the blue '61 is my step dads step dad! and i have heard that it is in one of the mags, will have to check it out!

·
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
wow! could be an exciting weekend for you. got Brazil aswel!
Yep, i dont mind watching qualy at the parents but race day will be with mates!!

looks like its going to be dry all week in kent but with showers on friday, hopefully this will mean the padock will have recovered enough to A frame the beetle accross it :)

·
Premium Member
7,832 Posts
Yep, Russell (step dad) isnt a fan of anything being tickled with the lowering stick, im not even allowed to lower my own Bay! to be fair he still owns about half of it though! We hoping that it will be as nice as (this is where it gets confusing) my step dads step dads '61!!!

Talk about dissfunctional!
That's a lovely car and I've had the pleasure of talking to the owner a few times at local shows (when I was in Poole). We're usually the only two that turn up in factory stock cars :lol: Tell him Howard with the pearl white '66 1300 says hi :)

·
11,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's a lovely car and I've had the pleasure of talking to the owner a few times at local shows (when I was in Poole). We're usually the only two that turn up in factory stock cars :lol: Tell him Howard with the pearl white '66 1300 says hi :)
Will do, Derek is just up the road from poole in Verwood, Peppercorn was the only VW show he went to this year though. I was wondering if anyone on here would no him, he's been involved since the early '70's from what i can gather. I will deffinantly pass on your message Howard :)

1 - 20 of 130 Posts