Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to see if anyone else has this problem or if anyone has any suggestions before I ring them up. :)

I recently upgraded to the L broadband which is supposed to be up to 10mb but i'm getting about 1mb on broadband speed tests.

I used to be on the 2mb package so could they have forgotten to turn it on or something?

I thought with fibre optic broadband, you didn't have the distance from exchange bollocks like you do with adsl. :confused:

I've rebooted my modem and wireless router (turning them off does this i'm assuming) and deleted my cookies.

I can't believe anything my end is causing such a loss in speed.

Can anyone help please? :)

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I'm on the 10 mb service and consistently get 10 mb in speedtests.

Try calling them and ask them to check the line,it may not have been upgraded correctly

·
Registered
15,729 Posts
Oh and does anyone with a V+ box have the issue where you can't turn it off?
It's not life threatening but I just thought it was weird and i've only had it a month.
What, not going into standby ?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I seem to get all sorts of problems with Virgin Media, poor speed and intermitent service, plus watch your bills they tend to "upgrade" you willy nilly.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I just run a speedest on there and it shows about 550k slower than the previous one,so it's not a great deal out if at all. Which is the other speed test site you use?

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Spoke to a lovely indian fella who is sending me a new modem.
He told me to go on this website which all of a sudden gives me 5mb but i'm not convinced as the other one i was using still says the same! :confused:
http://www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/
how bizarre, now that website tells me its 1.2mb.
was he doing something to make it quicker?

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
12,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
1 - 20 of 34 Posts