Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my poor bug decided to snap its throttle cable on the way home last night :( i had to wait about 3 hours for the aa truck to take us home but the good side is the driver who picked us up told us all about how he has had loads of bugs and he was one of the most interesting ppl i have spoken too for ages so :) but i cant remember his name but if anyone else gets picked up by the aa by a funny bloke from newbury say hi for me :)

hi to the guy in the golf (who also owned a camper) who stopped to make sure we were ok :)

ppl are so nice :)

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Always carry spare cables ;) or an electrical block, mines been held with a black for months now even though I've a replacement cable :crazy:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yer i am going to order 2 new cables today just incase :) is it possible to run them both through so if it happens again i have only got to just swap instead of running a new one through at the side of the road?

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
OP said:
Always carry spare cables ;) or an electrical block, mines been held with a black for months now even though I've a replacement cable :crazy:
Have you restarted the slave trade??? :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
687 Posts
I snapped the throttle cable on my 205 Gti a few yrs ago, it was late and winter so rather than drag anyone to help me I had to tie my shoe laces together and thread it through the bay and wipers to the drivers window.NOW that was an entertaining 10 mile drive home, what made it worse I had to drive it again the next day cause the local Pug stealer wanted 35 quid for one, so I made one at work out of a bike brake cable, and now theres always one spare in my work box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts