Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Evening!

Please can someone help me? I have had a good look under the lid of my beautiful bug, and found loads of hoses which just don't go anywhere or that are broken?!?!?!! Please god tell me this is not too serrious? :eek:

I imagine that the hoses which connect to the dash vents are not too serious but will just mean a misty windscreen at this time of year?
Heater channles seem fine inside the bug as getting good heat flow when raise the heater channel levers (sorry don't know technical name) but guess these hoses just carry the heat the extra length of the car?

Seems to be more serrious though when i look at the braided hose which has been severed coming from the fuel tank? Think this may be me just worrying though as was told it could just be a breather hose?

There is another hose which looks as though it was taped togther at some point which runs down the center of the bug and goes under the fuel tank this too is broken?

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! PLEASE HELP ME!!!! If anyone wants to come take a look i would be really really made up! (especially if they know how to fix and its not a huge expense)

She runs pretty fine have driven her up and down the m6 junction 1 to 8 no probs a few times now, just feeling very concerned and need some reassurance. Think the wirring needs a tidy up too as its a bit all over the shop.

I hate to make my bug sound so down at heel because she is not, its just a few concerns for a new proud owner of a 1972 bug.

Hope your all having a great Saturday night anyways...

Ciao for now! ;) :crazy: :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Moby5153 said:
Even if they're breather hoses they should be connected securely. Is your bug a 1302 or standard?
its got a 1600 engine but registered as a 1300? thats about as much as i know? im really sorry? I wish i knew more....

anyway to tell exactly? what does the breather hose do then? I thought that it was there just to let air into and out of the fuel tank? (as the name breather would suggest)

·
Tech Guru/Mr VZi '06
41,834 Posts
A 'breather' is just a breather as you say, but if it is frayed, perished, or incorrectly routed it can fill your car with fumes. In hot weather or when parked at an extreme angle liquid fuel can flow along the breather pipes if they're not in the correct positions and either fill your boot with fuel or syphon it out into the road. If you want a diagram of how it should be set you can mail me, it's too large to post on here easily.
I might find another that shows the air pipes too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts