Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,

does anyone know of a good aircooled vw specialist in suffolk who i can entrust with some heater channel and general restoration work for a reasonable price?
thanks :hangloose
beetlecharles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,837 Posts
there is a guy in ipswich who does good work on bugs etc. all i need to do is remember what they are called, used to be one of the guys from kennedys.........
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
itfczx9r said:
there is a guy in ipswich who does good work on bugs etc. all i need to do is remember what they are called, used to be one of the guys from kennedys.........
Simpsons ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys, i emailed them a while back but never heard anything from them so i'll give 'em a ring some time. Just thought it would be best to have someone recommend them... :hangloose
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
beetlecharles said:
thanks guys, i emailed them a while back but never heard anything from them so i'll give 'em a ring some time. Just thought it would be best to have someone recommend them... :hangloose
I know they are very busy at the moment as they were at my workshop last week ( checking out the competition i think ) and they said they were flat out at the time

Mind you that was 4.30 in the afternoon and they wereon their way to the pub :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,837 Posts
6split3 said:
I know they are very busy at the moment as they were at my workshop last week ( checking out the competition i think ) and they said they were flat out at the time

Mind you that was 4.30 in the afternoon and they wereon their way to the pub :rolleyes:
who and where is your workshop then dude?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
word of warning

just a bit of advice to you and anyone else paying someone to have bodywork done.

Few years ago I had a 79 mini 1275GT that was the most original, bestest loveliest car, and I swore I'd never sell it. Long story short, it needed some work, and I waited 'till I found who I thought was the best, reccommended and all. He quoted "£1500 and you'll have change", so I went for it. Basically I wanted as little done as poss as I wanted it as original as poss but to keep it alive. It was too far away for me to go look at, so kept in touch by phone. He never told me he was gonna do extra work, but when I went to pick it up, he said £3800 please.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes, he'd made a good job, but he'd done loads more, and gave it a full respray as a surprise for me (charged me for it too!).

I'm not saying this is gonna happen to you, I'm just saying make it clear that you don't have extra money than what is quoted.

By the way, I didn't pay him the full amount, we came to an "agreement", but every time I looked at the car, it reminded me of when my family could have lost their home because of me. I now don't own that car, I miss it every day (as it was before it all happened) and will NEVER allow someone to put me through that sh*t again. :tick:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
itfczx9r said:
who and where is your workshop then dude?
Belstead Car Services in Ipswich bud Portmans Walk Ind centre right beside the football ground
Not a VW specialist but all round mechanic who seems to be getting more and more VDUBS in since i started building my bus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,837 Posts
6split3 said:
Belstead Car Services in Ipswich bud Portmans Walk Ind centre right beside the football ground
Not a VW specialist but all round mechanic who seems to be getting more and more VDUBS in since i started building my bus
sweet! in that case recommend yourself to the guy!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
itfczx9r said:
sweet! in that case recommend yourself to the guy!
Thanks Bud but im just a one man band who gets exceptionaly busy (not blowing my own trumpet) and to take on another project (besides my splitty) is not feasable least of all because i get alot of day to day work and wouldnt want to let the guy down by having to wait ages to get his bug back

But hey thanks for the free plug dude ;)
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top