Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a couple of stock bug washer bottles floating about, but for a temp measure to get my bug through an MOT I used an inline electric washer pump (operated by a toggle switch) and a plastic robinsons blackcurrent bottle with a hole poked in the lid for the washer pipe to pass through!

Now, that temp fix has been temp for about over 2 years :rolleyes:. Im sure I tried to use the stock bug bottle before but seem to remember it didnt work? Maybe there is some sort of valve in there to keep the pressure in when workin with the tyre valve, or is that crap?

Anyway, is there any way I can get rid of my blackcurrent bottle and replace it with a proper bottle, without spendin the £40 or whatever it is on the Mexican beetle style washers?

Thanks,
Mabbo

·
Registered
9,535 Posts
If you look at any mondeo etc, they have the big bottle's with the pump built in on the the side, pretty good shit ;)

·
Registered
19,672 Posts
If the pumps sucking you'll need some way to let air back into the bottle or the pump might not be able to do it's job!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Do you have this part? http://www.machine7.com/product.php?xProd=3193&xSec=274

If so, do you know if it is working? If you connect it to the bottle, and to your spare tyre and unplug the line to the button on dash/jets you should hear the air hissing out. Ive gone back from an electric pump to the original unit - powered by the spare tyre. It works better, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
I drilled a hole in my stock washer bottle for the electric pump to go in.
It fits in the bottom side as that is where it was on the original polo bottle.
I left the old cap on with the hole in it for the air to go in.

·
Registered
20,444 Posts
Fitted a washer pump in-line with tube going to jets, and then modified standard screw on top to reveal small hole to allow air in. Fitted laet model 1303 wash/wipe stalk to the 1302 and it all works a treat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts