Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a bus but it only came with one set of keys. I'm looking at having a spare set cut.

Where does everyone get there keys cut as can't imagine it's a common thing nowadays.

·
Registered
16,970 Posts
Go to one of those shoe bars you see in the big supermarkets and/or shopping centres. I once went to a locksmiths to have a key made from a barrel number but spare keys from a shoe bar key cutter shouldn't be a problem if you have the originals.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
If you still have original keys they have a code stamped on them at the factory. I got a couple cut for my bug purely from the code from a guy on ebay - swampys-old-skool-lock-shop

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
At worst buy a blank of ebay and bring to any locksmith (or key cutting shoe bar etc as said) as I doubt many places will still have them. I was able to get copies made and get a key cut for a bootlock that I hadn't a key for at a local locksmith a good few years ago. They'd been in business a long time though and still had old blanks!!

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I think most of the locks have been replaced with aftermarket stuff so not sure whether this matches upto traditional VW keys pattern wise.

So dont have codes neither.

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
If you go to a decent locksmith they should be able to order the blanks in. They used to have a catalogue that showed a drawing of the blanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts