Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really a rant, but an observation.
When selling a vehicle I am genuinely surprised at the number of people that ask for specific pictures of this or of that, or ask questions etc but then simply disappear off the radar.

Personally speaking I would say "sorry it's not for me"

Do these people just want photos of different VW's?

But then, some sellers are a bit odd too. I test drove a car that I saw on here a good few years back. Arranged to meet up at a show and like a tit only had flip flops with me.
Told the vendor I wanted to come back to him the next day and would drive up with a trailer so I could get it home. I asked if I could leave my car AND the full price of the car with him in cash if I could take the car on a short test.
He got the right hump with me and told me I was nothing more than a dreamer. Shame, as I did really want the car, but went on to buy my Karmann Cab instead.

·
I really must get out more
7,344 Posts
always been like that never come to see it either I would at least say "not for me" too or make an offer on it if I thought price was a bit high ;) it's not just vw folk though

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not selling the Bay are you Scoops ?
If you are, can you send me a photo of the right hand side flange knuckle clunge grommet please ? :lol::incheek:
Yeah mate. Seen something I like but the bay has to make way for it.
I'll get that pic, although I think that grommet may be a repro part, couldn't find a NOS one when I was looking.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I kind of get that people may have second thoughts after making contact, but it's just a little frustrating when one day they are wanting to drive straight down to get it, then the next day they've disappeared from the civilised world! lol

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Yeah mate. Seen something I like but the bay has to make way for it.
I'll get that pic, although I think that grommet may be a repro part, couldn't find a NOS one when I was looking.
That's a shame. From the pics on DBS it looked to be coming together well.

When I sold my old Mini I had loads of messers, wanting pics and god knows what else. The bloke that bought it in the end just rang me and asked if it was still for sale and 2 hours later was stood on the doorstep with a wad of cash in his hand. He heard me start it up, had a quick look round and then drove off in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.