Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
walking the black dog
Joined
·
65,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on a phone conference for well over an hour :yawn: and todays' buzzword is: experiencing slippage. Which I thought was either something for the adult forum, or not heating your tyres up enough in the burnout zone....

http://isd.usc.edu/~karl/Bingo/bbbingo.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,445 Posts
I have one dick of a manager (not mine - that is why he is alive :) ) who managed to say 'setting the expectations' 16 times in one 4 hr period!!

First of all what the fuck does it really mean - and second how can someone be so thick they cannot hear themselves repeating inanities?
 

·
Holy Calamity
Joined
·
67,056 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
I have one dick of a manager (not mine - that is why he is alive :) ) who managed to say 'setting the expectations' 16 times in one 4 hr period!!

First of all what the fuck does it really mean - and second how can someone be so thick they cannot hear themselves repeating inanities?
:lol:

My favourite is the "setting out of stalls" one.

WTF?! :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
I have one dick of a manager (not mine - that is why he is alive :) ) who managed to say 'setting the expectations' 16 times in one 4 hr period!!

First of all what the fuck does it really mean - and second how can someone be so thick they cannot hear themselves repeating inanities?
Imagine his long suffering wife, (should he have one) poor mare.
 

·
walking the black dog
Joined
·
65,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
metric_thumbs said:
I have one dick of a manager (not mine - that is why he is alive :) ) who managed to say 'setting the expectations' 16 times in one 4 hr period!!

First of all what the fuck does it really mean - and second how can someone be so thick they cannot hear themselves repeating inanities?
I guess he has no idea what it means himself and is just repeating someone else's buzzwords. But 16 times in a 4 hour period? Far King Hell. Maybe he was programmed to do it on the quarter hour, like a church clock?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
I have one dick of a manager (not mine - that is why he is alive :) ) who managed to say 'setting the expectations' 16 times in one 4 hr period!!

First of all what the fuck does it really mean - and second how can someone be so thick they cannot hear themselves repeating inanities?
Surely the purpose of such phrases is that they are so meaningless that they can't be viewed as having a quantifiable result that the speaker can be held responsible for, but give the speaker the appearance of being knowlegable and slightly cleverer than someone who says 'what do we want to do?'
 

·
walking the black dog
Joined
·
65,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
Surely the purpose of such phrases is that they are so meaningless that they can't be viewed as having a quantifiable result that the speaker can be held responsible for, but give the speaker the appearance of being knowlegable and slightly cleverer than someone who says 'what do we want to do?'
Pah 2-bob, you'd never impress them with a direct-speaking (actually makes sense) sentence with one syllable words! You need:

core competency
Imagineer
stretch the envelope
best practice
all-hands meeting
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
Ugly Bloke said:
Pah 2-bob, you'd never impress them with a direct-speaking (actually makes sense) sentence with one syllable words! You need:

core competency
Imagineer
stretch the envelope
best practice
all-hands meeting
Pissing myself over Imagineer and stretch the envelope

I'd NEVER be able to keep a straight face in a meeting with phrases like these bandied about!! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,670 Posts
havent you moved on to the BUZZ BOARD yet ?

My sister has one where she works , they all have to huddle round the board while the manager spurts out a load of buzz words, sayings and quotes :lol: and write them on the board , what a crock of shit :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,167 Posts
Bottom line is I have a full plate 24/7. It's a jungle out there. Some days, I just don't have the bandwidth. It's like drinking from a fire hydrant. Stakeholders push the envelope until it pushes outside the box.
Spending the day with me will be like herding cats. It's my job. I skate to where the puck's going to be. If you're
not the lead dog, you're not providing a customer-centric proactive solution.
I consider that "Transparency" and "Enronitis" could be next-generation players. I walk the walk and talk the talk. I wasn't wired that way, but it became mission-critical as I strategically focused on my go-forward plan. When you drill down to the granular level, it's just basic blocking and tackling. It's not rocket science or brain surgery. It's just about leveling the playing field.
At the end of the day, it's all about robust, world-class language solutions and a lot of soul searching. Net-net, my value proposition is based on maximizing synergies and being first to market with a leveraged, value-added deliverable. That's the opportunity space I've got to work with. If you walk like a duck and talk like a duck, you're a duck. My knowledge base is deselective of legacy fibre-based media. The go-to-market model on that today is definitely a bench play.
Let's take your issues offline. You have a back-loaded, result-driven mind-set that is not a strategic fit with my game plan. My vision is to monetize scalable supply chains. At the end of the day we have to dialogue all the options to see if a green light exit strategy is available. Hey, take it and run with it.
 

·
walking the black dog
Joined
·
65,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ExiledWool said:
Bottom line is I have a full plate 24/7. It's a jungle out there. Some days, I just don't have the bandwidth. It's like drinking from a fire hydrant. Stakeholders push the envelope until it pushes outside the box.
Spending the day with me will be like herding cats. It's my job. I skate to where the puck's going to be. If you're
not the lead dog, you're not providing a customer-centric proactive solution.
I consider that "Transparency" and "Enronitis" could be next-generation players. I walk the walk and talk the talk. I wasn't wired that way, but it became mission-critical as I strategically focused on my go-forward plan. When you drill down to the granular level, it's just basic blocking and tackling. It's not rocket science or brain surgery. It's just about leveling the playing field.
At the end of the day, it's all about robust, world-class language solutions and a lot of soul searching. Net-net, my value proposition is based on maximizing synergies and being first to market with a leveraged, value-added deliverable. That's the opportunity space I've got to work with. If you walk like a duck and talk like a duck, you're a duck. My knowledge base is deselective of legacy fibre-based media. The go-to-market model on that today is definitely a bench play.
Let's take your issues offline. You have a back-loaded, result-driven mind-set that is not a strategic fit with my game plan. My vision is to monetize scalable supply chains. At the end of the day we have to dialogue all the options to see if a green light exit strategy is available. Hey, take it and run with it.
Fantastic, it uses almost every known buzzword and manages say absolutely nothing. It's genius. :lol:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,339 Posts
ExiledWool said:
Bottom line is I have a full plate 24/7. It's a jungle out there. Some days, I just don't have the bandwidth. It's like drinking from a fire hydrant. Stakeholders push the envelope until it pushes outside the box.
Spending the day with me will be like herding cats. It's my job. I skate to where the puck's going to be. If you're
not the lead dog, you're not providing a customer-centric proactive solution.
I consider that "Transparency" and "Enronitis" could be next-generation players. I walk the walk and talk the talk. I wasn't wired that way, but it became mission-critical as I strategically focused on my go-forward plan. When you drill down to the granular level, it's just basic blocking and tackling. It's not rocket science or brain surgery. It's just about leveling the playing field.
At the end of the day, it's all about robust, world-class language solutions and a lot of soul searching. Net-net, my value proposition is based on maximizing synergies and being first to market with a leveraged, value-added deliverable. That's the opportunity space I've got to work with. If you walk like a duck and talk like a duck, you're a duck. My knowledge base is deselective of legacy fibre-based media. The go-to-market model on that today is definitely a bench play.
Let's take your issues offline. You have a back-loaded, result-driven mind-set that is not a strategic fit with my game plan. My vision is to monetize scalable supply chains. At the end of the day we have to dialogue all the options to see if a green light exit strategy is available. Hey, take it and run with it.
I like your ideas. But first lets run them up the flagpole and maybe bluesky them in a focus group over the next few weeks before the project gets time-critical
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top