Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my lady are starting to plan our summer hols for next year. HOPEFULLY our camper will be on the road by this time.

We want to go to France for at least two weeks, I'm just trying to establish the most financailly viable way of getting across the channel.
I've heard different stories about it costing fro £60-£450 to get a camper to France.

If anyone who's been to France in their Bus can post on here their own experiences that'd be really helpful!

Cheers,

Ben :)

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
hi mate i went to le harvre from portsmouth in my bus in august it cost £290 but you can get it for around £170 if you go tuesday or wednesday have a look at www.aferry2.co.uk or .com not sure m8.

·
Registered
757 Posts
P&O ferries, £160 return for a camper for August next year.(Sat 11th to sat 25th)

Can get that paid for using tesco vouchers.

We are holding off until November, then book them then...may be cheaper.

jayne xx

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jayne said:
P&O ferries, £160 return for a camper for August next year.(Sat 11th to sat 25th)

Can get that paid for using tesco vouchers.

We are holding off until November, then book them then...may be cheaper.

jayne xx
Thanks Jayne! That sounds really quite reasonable!!!

If you see a bay bus on the ferry that day it'll probably be me! :D

I'll have to get spending in tesco's thats for sure! ;)

Oh...sorry to be dumb but where do P&O sail from/to?!

·
Registered
15,493 Posts
Speed Ferries every time. Paid between £70 & £104 depending on how early you book. They're the only company we've found that don't care you're in a camper, they just go on vehicle size. Dover - Bolougne in under an hour too.

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
phil5556 said:
Speed Ferries every time. Paid between £70 & £104 depending on how early you book. They're the only company we've found that don't care you're in a camper, they just go on vehicle size. Dover - Bolougne in under an hour too.
thats cheap!!!! :)

what website are they on? see ideally im thinking the usual, get the ferry to northern france and drive down the west coast. was considering getting a ferry back from spain but fook me, they dont come cheap!!! :eek:

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 28 Posts