Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not too bothered what (but must be reliable and not big and not too ££ on fuel)

Looking at the possibility of renting one for about 10 days in the summer.

Does anyone know of any reasonable hiring companies. (Or have/know someone who is going away early/mid august this year who would hire out to 2 people who would deeply respect the van)

Regards
Joe

·
Registered
758 Posts
a mate of mine does camper van hire there geebees v dubs phone number 0800 044 5988

also you got PM

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the cost of hiring for about a week seems to be £400+++
...does anyone have any other ideas

Just want to realise a dream, without it costing the world. Will love and respect the van as my own (repaira anything,pay insurance etc)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that hurts, looks pretty expensive! might look into a crusie into the alps in my passat instead...was really hoping to campervan in the highlands though!

Anyone know of a vw camper bay (or split!) that I could rent for one night in Cardiff area saturday lunchtime feb 27th and return sunday afternoon?

...it goes without saying that I would respect it 100%

·
Registered
78,060 Posts
I wanted to hire a full on motor home last year... the cost of that or a camper van was daft.

I ended up hiring a modern minibus for a week and took the seats out.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ye, i can understand why you did it. I can understand to an extent- people need to protect against those who are just going to abuse their pride and joy.

But renting just seems to be unviable

If anyone does know/have a bay they would let me borrow (for a fee and I would sort comprehensive insurance out) in Cardiff area for the above mentioned weekend, I would be very appreciative

Regards
Joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts