Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, I bought an MP3 player on ebay a few months back, £35. Turns out it is dodgy and didn't work. i requested a refund but he refused stating it was outside the 7 day period in his auction. this is correct it was but as was gift didn't try it b4 their birthday. i took it through paypal and won my money back minus their fee of $15 so down a tenner on the deal but i haven't sent it him back cos he hasn't sent me postage to do so. he's requested it back twiceand ive responded saying return the postage and its his but he ignored my mails.

anyho i got this:
"
Hi, I e-mailled you on the 31 August 2006 regarding the return of the Phillips MP3 player, I gave you my work address to make sure it was signed for, however I still have not received the item. I note that you have had a refund for the player via Paypal, I therefore request that you return the player to me, at S cxx, xxx Penarth Road, Cardiff, CFxx xxx. I will wait until the thursday 28 September, if I have not heard from you or received the player I will have no option but to seek legal advice.

Many thanks

Sxxxxx cxx"

should i let him bollox for sending me a duff player as am already £10 down on paypal, or should i return it and lose out further in time and further money for recorded deivery.

lastly even if i do send it back whats to stop him claiming he never received it? recorded delivery doesn't check what you send!?

fanx :)

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
smash it to pieces and send it back to him.

"damaged in transit mate, sorry. If youd paid for the shipping I would have insured it" ;)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
What I would do in that situation...

Send a letter recorded delivery - give times and dates for your emails - if possible print copies of your sent emails for your own records - and let him know that until postage is forthcoming you will not send the item.

If you recieve contact from a lawyer send the letter again to the lawyer so he knows what happened, knows you were happy to return it but he wasn't playing ball.

I might even consider phoning the guy (easy to get his number I'd expect) and setting it all straight.

This is what I'd do, but I'm no lawyer.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Don't know the law but sounds very similar to what happened to my friend and my brother. They just kept insisting for the postage first, after many threats the seller gave up and they still have their items (and the refund from paypal). Stand your ground I say, but keep it polite, never threaten or say anything stupid that could land you in trouble IF lawyers/solicitors get involved.

·
Registered
17,115 Posts
Seeking legal advice to recover something that's worth a big fat £0?! I guess he only want's it back to con others.

Ignore it or keeping sending requests for postage.

cheers,
type3

·
Registered
9,068 Posts
fingy said:
piss on it
Yeah, I was gonna say open it up and stuff a load of meat into it. Seal the bag and leave it under the radiator the night before you send it off. By the time he gets it.. :D

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
put it in a box just the right size for the letter box , take digital photos of you placing the item in the box , sealing the parcel then putting into letter box , do not affix stamp or postage of any kind , email him said photos , when parcel is delivered he will be liable for double the postage costs ,, photographs and a witness should be enough to prove postage !!!!, if he doesn't want to pay the postage , p,o keeeps the item , don't know if it would work , but maybe worth a try :)

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Type3 - I suggested that so IF this guy gets legal advice - Big Al would be able to say "I sent him the letter and he got it"
Just an element of protection.

If I thought it was going to get stupid (and lawyers over a broken mp3 player is more than just stupid) I'd do that to give myself some extra stones to throw.

·
Registered
22,227 Posts
piss on it and send it him back with a photo of you pissing on it in it

·
Registered
21,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just replied:

Hi there,

I have mailed you numerous times and though you appear to be ignoring my correspondance, as I shall yours from now on.

You have 2 options. 1) Return me the postage and I'll happily return the MP3 player via recorded delivery. I'm already out of pocket and refuse to accept further costs.
2) I will return the MP3 player but I won't be putting any stamps on the package. Upon delivery you will be liable for double the postage cost.

You have until Sunday the 1st October to respond, and after this date it will be posted as described above.

Thanks, Al :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
You could always give him the benefit of the doubt -
it may be that he DID send off a working MP3 player
it wouldn't be the first time that the post office has broken
something in the "HUB" delivery system.

Some of those parcels get pretty bashed about....
You sent him postage costs and he posted it.
He should send you the postage costs so YOU
can post it - then you're both equally out of pocket :(

Nic x

1 - 20 of 21 Posts