Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I really must get out more
5,658 Posts
nero 5 had a radio media player type thing and it had a record button i recorded loads of beastie boys stuff last year

nero 7 seems not to have it thou

·
Registered
25,881 Posts
i can't even work a podcast. think i should try harder.

·
Registered
20,431 Posts
If the broadcast was less than a week ago I think you can download a realPlayer or Windows media - either of which you can use to cut an MP3

What I want to know is how you cope with older programs - they appear to have only links to real time streaming. How do I transfer those? Anyone know that?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
There may be easier to use programs out there now, but for many years this was the hot ticket, and I still use it: "Streambox VCR" http://www.etplanet.com/download/details.php?file=215

When the BBC IPlayer loads, it should have a link on the left "listen in stand alone player". This should link to a .ram file, so "copy shortcut", bung it into Streambox and it'll suck the whole .ra file down. There's a program in the suite that'll convert the .ra file into a wav or mp3.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
On a lot of shows (including the In Our Time archive) the .ram link is on the page, as "listen to this programme in full" or similar. Even easier.

(p.s. Just checked that version of Streambox works, and it does... downloaded one edition in 35 seconds. Happy ripping!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.