Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on high top bay windows can you replace the hightop with anything like a poptop or a sliding sunroof?
is this possible???

·
Registered
665 Posts
you could get a very big sunroof, paris beetles do one i think and have heard of a new company but forget the name.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
O'Connors campers do a westy or similar, not that cheap though. I've never used them but have seen their website.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
:eek: sounds like i need to start a "save the hitops" petition........... :)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,331 Posts
Ive fitted a Riveara(sp) Sliding roof to a Bay that used to have a Devon roof not the prettiest thing in the world but it kept the rain out(unlike the Devon one)
took a day to fit Mostly getting the old one off
its made of fiberglass and will need some finishing off and blending in mind

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dave nothing against high tops bro but its the resale thing, alot of people find them very practical but, ....... ugly?
the high must be banished to the back of the garden as an engine cover!

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Bo Jutler 65 said:
so i could just change it for a westy one?
maybe, but not so easy on a factory hitop which has no original roof at all from front to back............ :eek:

if you just have a wee hole in the middle of the van then almost anything could be fitted.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
ratty mullet said:
dave nothing against high tops bro but its the resale thing, alot of people find them very practical but, ....... ugly?
the high must be banished to the back of the garden as an engine cover!
don't talk to me about resale! :D

i'm just going to keep upping the price till some rich twat buys it cos he can then brag about what he paid for it................ :incheek:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dude ive just checked out your for sale thread!
it werent personal (resale, ugly) but its true.
however the one im thinking of doing isnt factory i dont think, its the one that looks like a boat!
p.s, its like fishing, the bastards in the sea, all you have to do is catch him, and take his mula!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts