Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Not overnight - it takes something to trigger it like an accident or an illness.

I became allergic to Pork when I was 20 after having bad glandular fever.

Been badly ill recently?

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
you can certainly develop intolerances to food stuffs throughout life...

check the thing you had yesterday to see if its got peanuts in it too... if it has get an allergy check cos Anaphyllaxis isn't funny!!

EDIT:
Have you recently (within the last year) moved from a nice clean air area to a shitty dirty city? When i moved to london i got allergies to all sorts fo things I think as the result of breathing in pollution so much. When i moved out again the allergies kinda slowly went.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
M.I.B said:
Not overnight - it takes something to trigger it like an accident or an illness.

I became allergic to Pork when I was 20 after having bad glandular fever.

Been badly ill recently?
I had bad glandular fever too, now i have a bad pollen allergy for which i have prescription stuff which i've had to double in the past 2 years.
Also, my tastes completely changed, food i used to hate i liked, and vice versa.
Another thing, i used to have so much energy and not much sleep but since glandular fever, I am very tired most of the time and fall asleep on the sofa etc, something i never ever used to do.

·
Registered
10,286 Posts
Best not take any chances. I'll have any chocolate you have left in the house, as that seems to be what you've become allergic to :incheek:

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Skello said:
I had bad glandular fever too, my tastes completely changed, food i used to hate i liked, and vice versa.
Come to think of it - I like marmite and more bitter stuff now, and tend to choose savouries over sweet. I also hated Guinness before I was ill, and now I love it. Cider is a thing of the past as well.

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
M.I.B said:
Come to think of it - I like marmite and more bitter stuff now, and tend to choose savouries over sweet. I also hated Guinness before I was ill, and now I love it. Cider is a thing of the past as well.
similar to me, although i don't drink bitter so much anymore and i can't drink wine at all really.
the real change for me is the lack of energy and tiredness, and i have chest pains sometimes where the glandular fever apparently damaged chest muscles that are rarely used, and so don't get exercised and repaired.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
i would personally say you can become allergic to something pretty much over night so 2 speak!

i always used to eat peanuts, pistaschios, walnuts etc, then one evening, opened a packet of peanuts, started munching away then suddenly i had a rash come up over my neck and became sortness of breath :eek:

so since then (about 6 years ago) im allergic to nuts! what joy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts