Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry about size of the pics ok just removed my kadrons to put on my 36,idf,s and there is a small hitch as you can see in the pic the bit for the throttle is hitting on the tin as you can see in the pic now i hope its not my stupidity that its doing this but i think i have done what i should of any ideas and also has anyone any pics or can advise me how this linkage goes on my bug i have had it upside down and inside out but again my stupidity any help greatly appreciated many thanks jamie

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'd say you need an IDF linkage for the IDF carbs rather than re-using the crappy Kadron linkage. CB Performance, EMPI and Gene Berg all make decent IDF linkages.....

·
Registered
607 Posts
It looks like you have a bell crank linkage in the top pic? mounted to the engine block rather than the fan housing/air filter bases?

If so: i'd take the linkage arm off the carb spindle, you should should be able to flip it over so the ball joint points to the rear of the car, and the arm is 90degrees round from its current position (pointing down the way). You should be able to swap the arms on the bell crank around if necessary to make it push or pull the arm in the required direction to open the butterflies in the carb. Hopefully this will give you the clearance round the fan housing you require.

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok thanks i will give it a try and it is a bellcrank linkage many thanks my friend

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh and this is not the linkage that came off the kads i bought the linkage with a pair of idf manifolds and was told by the previous owner thet were for idf,s?

·
Registered
321 Posts
I run the same linkage on my 40IDFs no problem sorry though i have no pics and the bloody camera is broke i will have a look later if i get chance.

Brad

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers brad just been to have another look and i cant work it out i know i will kick myself when i get it done

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes mate it does a little thanks very much i have the linkage on now but i cant seem to get the throttles opening up together its seems to be one or the other ? this is really pissing me of lol i must have the linkage set up wrong?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Im still tring to get mine to do that. im off to a rolling road to get mine tuned up tomorrow.

my twin carbs have bin a sending me mad
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
perhaps i didnt explain myself properly [no change there then] when i hook up both ends of the linkage one carbs throttle will open up but the other wont budge as the throttles are moving against one another does that make any sense?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts