Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyones fitted a carpet set to their beetle, please can you give me some advice and pointers as Im struggling with mine.

The main problem are the side bits that go along the sills and next to each seat, how do you fix them just by glue?! Can you drill them in place where the rubber bits are?
They did come with instructions but to be honest, not very good ones. They are Newton Commercial carpets from VW Heritage.

Many thanks. :)

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Along the edge of the door, there should be a gripper to hold the carpet edging in place, then with mine i used spray carpet adhesive for the most part and then the hot glue gun for the bottom edge, although on reflection you could probably use lashings of evostick to do the job, is this what you mean?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah thats a great help, will get some stronger glue or maybe velcro to hold down the edge... Thankyou.

Keep the tips coming. :)

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
4,996 Posts
do you mean the top of the heater channel where the door shuts?

if so you can get nice stainless door plates from the likes of bernard newbury or a similar ally strip from your local carpet shop;)

*edit* these will work if the channels have been replaced and the gripper strip is no longer there :)

·
Registered
13,135 Posts
Forsh said:
do you mean the top of the heater channel where the door shuts?

if so you can get nice stainless door plates from the likes of bernard newbury or a similar ally strip from your local carpet shop;)
i got some of those things from GSF about 12 quid or something

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Im having problems with the pedal area, the large piece that sits across the tunnel and on each side of it where the passenger footwell is...

The tunnel area seems to be too big, each side part sits as it should but where the middle is it bulges up and looks too large to fit? Any help? Thanks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts