Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been meaning to put this up for a while now so here its

my girlfriends bug as she got it looks ok but needs floorpans heat exchangers and more and the paint job is awful:eek:

new pans going in

wet n drying back to original paint

unfortunately the doors have been replaced so i am looking for a passenger door in weathered marina blue as i have a drivers side

plans are to slam it, fit some us bumpers, tall rear gravel guards,whitewalls and a roof rack.

i'll be keeping the engine stock as its the original one that came with the car back in 72, it starts on the button every time and dont leak a drop of oil.:)

hope to keep you updated if it ever stops raining:rolleyes::)

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I take it you live on the caravn/camp site near the airport!!

My mate Tik lives across from you with the red T4... ;)

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I take it you live on the caravn/camp site near the airport!!

My mate Tik lives across from you with the red T4... ;)
been here about 12 years now!!!

first stayed here when i ripped my engine out of my old bay on the speed bump on the way in!!!

it did have a 4 spline drop though!!!!!!:eek:

home for the 8 months previous!!!!!!!!!!

those were the days!!!!!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well after sitting in a field for nearly 4 years i've finally with the help of some good mates got cat's beetle back on the road!!

needed a new fuel line running and a few small patches of welding :)

it now has a 2 spline drop and the front has been lowered on adjusters wound down to their max

roof rack was found on the scrap pile on the farm and some door cards were knocked up with some hardboard and some official vans shop vinyl

just fitted an amp sub and some speakers to hook up to my mp3 player and it sounds awesome

drowns out the knocks and bumps too :D

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like the roof rack should be returned to the scrap pile!!! :lol:

Car looks great but as said get it in one colour and it will look loads better:D
was thinking about getting it done in ford tractor grey as the family who own the farm are often restoring old fordsons, would mean doing quite a bit of body prep first though! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts