Volkszone Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone running a cb performance turbo charged fuel injection kit? How do you rate them or can you get better kits for the money? I wanna ditch my 45drla's for fuel injection but considering the turbo opion too!? any idea's?

Cheers Andy

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Pongo said:
Is anyone running a cb performance turbo charged fuel injection kit? How do you rate them or can you get better kits for the money? I wanna ditch my 45drla's for fuel injection but considering the turbo opion too!? any idea's?

Cheers Andy
I had a look at the CB kit, but decided aginst as there are too many issues with it that won't work in the UK.

Jenvey Throttle bodies and an ECU of your choice will do a better job, i have an OMEX ecu myself....Plus you have comeback to a UK supplier.

Or have a look at Megasquirt if you are any good with DIY.

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Pongo said:
what issues wont work in the uk?

cheers Andy
I'll have to go back and re-read the specs to remind myself why i didn't like it...

but generally the lack of EU approval could prove difficult if you ever made an insurance claim, fuel octane ratings are completely different, and non country related, i didn't think much of the mapping system...

As i said, there are much better systems that can be sourced from UK manufacturers.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ahhh... very valid points and ones i hadn't even though of! are you also using a turbo then?

·
Shitstormer
1,434 Posts
The CB turbo injection system is a GOOD system and it's bolt on and go .

This information is given by someone who has actually owned and run the above system and not by someone who hasn't got a clue and can't even remember the reason why he gave it the thumbs down. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
693 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
I'll have to go back and re-read the specs to remind myself why i didn't like it...

but generally the lack of EU approval could prove difficult if you ever made an insurance claim, fuel octane ratings are completely different, and non country related, i didn't think much of the mapping system...

As i said, there are much better systems that can be sourced from UK manufacturers.
I think Mr 2 bob any after market none standard fit fuel injection will not have insurance approval rating

·
Registered
693 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:

ttt

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Paul VSM said:
The CB turbo injection system is a GOOD system and it's bolt on and go .

This information is given by someone who has actually owned and run the above system and not by someone who hasn't got a clue and can't even remember the reason why he gave it the thumbs down. :rolleyes:
oh Bore off the pair of you. It's getting rather dull.

If you like the CB system than well done, i'm pleased for you.

I decided to go another way.

Why do you have such a problem with that ??

All i did was offer an opinion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
693 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
oh Bore off the pair of you. It's getting rather dull.

If you like the CB system than well done, i'm pleased for you.

I decided to go another way.

Why do you have such a problem with that ??

All i did was offer an opinion. :rolleyes:
I don't under stand there is only one of me ?

You made a statement that you would find out why you did not go for the C B system you do remember that dont you?

So go on then spill the beans or were you just bullshitting?

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
As I am very happy to call Mr Monkey Mafia a friend (I hope he would say the same about me - maybe not) perhaps i can help you my lexically challenged friend

"I'll have to go back and re-read the specs to remind myself why i didn't like it..." - I do not think this means he will HAVE to return - do you remember the grammatical difference illustrated by the well known dichotomy -
I shall drown and no one will save me
vs
I will drown and nobody shall save me
?

The reason I guess he puts it in the plural when he suggests that you 'bore off' is that he references PaulVSM when he responds to you.
Now unless you are one and the same entity and your bi-polarism is getting the better of you - that is two people to my count. And that constitutes the use of a group noun.

In his defence (not that Snr Mafia needs me to defend him at all) I suggest that his opinion not to use whatever it is you are talking about is as valid as your opinion (despite it being expressed as fact) that low static cylinder pressures are not an influence on a hot running and low power engine.

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Paul VSM said:
So is he bullshitting or not ??
I don't understand, how can an opinion be bullshit?

It could be a bad opinion, it could be good, but it's an opinion, not a fact.

And when we are discussing such products Paul, shouldn't you really state your commercial interest as well as your experience? Some people might not realise that you are selling rather than offering an unbiased opinion.

·
Registered
20,445 Posts
Paul VSM said:
So is he bullshitting or not ??
If you are asking me - I dunno - I tend to believe not, as all the technical disussions I have had with him have been razor sharp, well founded both from experience and theory and mentally challenging. (and enjoyable for me).

And if you read some of my posts you will know I have had much experience carring out head design, fluid flow measurements, standing wave form analysis, casting development, production engineering, product design for both the automotive and turbine industries. So finding someone challenging to talk to is often difficult.

My current muse is designing the next steering system for GM small cars - so we are having a great time disussing the relative merits of hydraulic and electronic non-critically damped feedback mechanisms for steering feel. So if the next next Corsa has dull steering characteristics you possibly can blame me.

If you think I am showing off - you are probably right - but as I do a lot of my engineering these days in Spanish I find the false modesty of English a drag.
(the last word was a pun)

·
Shitstormer
1,434 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
I don't understand, how can an opinion be bullshit?

It could be a bad opinion, it could be good, but it's an opinion, not a fact.

And when we are discussing such products Paul, shouldn't you really state your commercial interest as well as your experience? Some people might not realise that you are selling rather than offering an unbiased opinion.
First let me state my objectives.
Due to receiving at least 2 calls a week from enthusiasts asking for advice on how to sort out their problems-problems that more often than not arise from either bullshit bad advice on forums or bullshit bad advice from "White Collar" parts dealers I feel the need to come on here and stick it in.

Your comments on the CB turbo injection were derogatory and as you have no real time experience or knowledge of this system they are unfounded.

As far as me being biased towards certain products-certain individuals like yourself could be led to believe this and in this case you belched a predictable response however I do not sell The CB turbo injection system :D .This wouldn't stop me recommending the product as I have had good success with it.

·
Shitstormer
1,434 Posts
metric_thumbs said:
If you are asking me - I dunno - I tend to believe not, as all the technical disussions I have had with him have been razor sharp, well founded both from experience and theory and mentally challenging. (and enjoyable for me).

And if you read some of my posts you will know I have had much experience carring out head design, fluid flow measurements, standing wave form analysis, casting development, production engineering, product design for both the automotive and turbine industries. So finding someone challenging to talk to is often difficult.

My current muse is designing the next steering system for GM small cars - so we are having a great time disussing the relative merits of hydraulic and electronic non-critically damped feedback mechanisms for steering feel. So if the next next Corsa has dull steering characteristics you possibly can blame me.

If you think I am showing off - you are probably right - but as I do a lot of my engineering these days in Spanish I find the false modesty of English a drag.
(the last word was a pun)
I have great respect for knowledge and good information but experience in one particular field doesn't mean you have experience and knowledge in all fields maybe you could log into a Corsa forum and tell them all about steering mechanisms :D

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Paul VSM said:
First let me state my objectives.
Due to receiving at least 2 calls a week from enthusiasts asking for advice on how to sort out their problems-problems that more often than not arise from either bullshit bad advice on forums or bullshit bad advice from "White Collar" parts dealers I feel the need to come on here and stick it in.

Your comments on the CB turbo injection were derogatory and as you have no real time experience or knowledge of this system they are unfounded.

As far as me being biased towards certain products-certain individuals like yourself could be led to believe this and in this case you belched a predictable response however I do not sell The CB turbo injection system :D .This wouldn't stop me recommending the product as I have had good success with it.
I have no problem with that, apart from your fundamental misunderstanding of what i said in the first place.

I didn't offer advice, certainly not any that i'd expect the sensible person to act upon, just that in my own personal opinion the CB Injection system wasn't the best available for my own use.

On the other hand, my opinion was based on my chosing the most appropriate system for my own use, and not on the products of a company that i have a long standing trading relationship.

Nobody can argue that you have had some superb results on the strip with your own cars, but conversely not everyone is looking for a 9 second competition engine. As you say yourself, experience in one arena doesn't necessarily translate to others.

I freely admit that i have never used the CB system, and merely said that I didn't think it the best system available. I may well be proved wrong, thats the thing with opinions.

What i DO have issue with is you and soft lad constantly snipping at me across VZi. I've offered opinion based on what i've learned, and try and keep my opinions and advice broad based without recomending or abusing others without valid reason. Can you honestly say the same? I don't see you responding to many of the franky wrong headed opinions that appear on here in the same manner as you chose to respond to me. A shame really, as i would prefer to use UK based suppliers for the parts i'm about to buy, but your attitude makes it very difficult to chose to do business with you. Do you speak to ALL your potential customers like this ??

Anyway, this is my last post in Mech, as frankly i can't be arsed with it. wether thats a good thing or a bad thing is probably dependant on your opinion.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.