Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
vv FINISHED!!! vv
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people's experiences with the Maxi Pump 3? I'm building a very mild 1600 with twin carbs; would this pump cause too much restirction, or not enough?

Trying to weigh up pros and cons for using this pump against drilling and tapping for full flow.

Cheers, James

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
12,573 Posts
Belly said:
What are people's experiences with the Maxi Pump 3? I'm building a very mild 1600 with twin carbs; would this pump cause too much restirction, or not enough?

Trying to weigh up pros and cons for using this pump against drilling and tapping for full flow.

Cheers, James
It will be fine. I'm using one on my 1915 without issue.

SOme say they restrict the flow, however I doubt CB would sell them if they weren't engineered and designed correctly.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
i agree with monkey they are really good pumps i have used them on many engines from mild 1600s to an all out screaming 1776 and have never had any problems
can be a bit tricky if your fitting to a bus you will need to modify the rear engine bar but if its going in a bug no worries
decent filter and small oil cooler gives you a bit of piece of mind :D

·
vv FINISHED!!! vv
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, that's wanted to hear!

It's a bug so no worries about the mount. I think my exhaust (Twin Tip GT) will foul the hose fitting but I could use an angled one to clear.

Cheers, James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts