Volkszone Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Haven't done much work in recent months! Just grinding and little bits hope to get on very soon though! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
This thread isn't dead! I've been really busy with school and this hasn't been touched in about 3 months!! After exams panels will be ordered and work will get into full swing!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Right! progress finally! Both rear lower corners needed panels making and a bracket the seat rests on swapping over, all done and welding the underside to prevent any gaps that could hold moisture and rot the car out again, which I don't want to be doing! Happy with my progress and got a plasma cutter! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Front complete quarter arrived today! Hopefully I'll be able to make some big progress soon! :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wow, I wasn't very good at keeping up with this! Suffice to say life got in the way... HOWEVER! July 2019 saw me pull off (snigger) what can only be described as a miracle... I got this car back on the road and drove it for the first time in over 30 years under it's own power! I've had him on the road for a couple of years now and I'm still in awe that I managed to save this car considering everyone doubted I'd manage it!
Tire Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

It's mad to think I started this over 10 years ago!!

Would I do it all again? Probably... Will he ever be finished? Probably not...

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
3,309 Posts
Wow, I wasn't very good at keeping up with this! Suffice to say life got in the way... HOWEVER! July 2019 saw me pull off (snigger) what can only be described as a miracle... I got this car back on the road and drove it for the first time in over 30 years under it's own power! I've had him on the road for a couple of years now and I'm still in awe that I managed to save this car considering everyone doubted I'd manage it! View attachment 297214

That Looks great Thomas, well done, what an achievement(y) Have you any more pics?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Wow, I wasn't very good at keeping up with this! Suffice to say life got in the way... HOWEVER! July 2019 saw me pull off (snigger) what can only be described as a miracle... I got this car back on the road and drove it for the first time in over 30 years under it's own power! I've had him on the road for a couple of years now and I'm still in awe that I managed to save this car considering everyone doubted I'd manage it! View attachment 297214

Great Job!!
Looks awesome. Deffo more pics please.
Whets left to do then??
:p

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
It took me another 18 months to get him to behave, turns out the old tank was just too far gone and after changing everything else it was the last thing to do and the one thing that fixed his random cutting out episodes. Few little bits here and there but for now, more photos. As you can see, he developed a bit of a theme for impromptu scenic photoshoots/breaking down. I fitted pop out rears to stop the air boom you normally get and because I'm a tart and like accessories. Original seats, rear cards and door cards scrubbed up well and for a first go at a headliner it turned out okay!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Window Furniture Plant Road surface Wood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Trunk

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive mirror Automotive design Cloud

I know the wheels aren't right but I was in a rush to get it finished in time for my Nan to see and ride in it before she passed away. Mission accomplished there. I do have a variety of wheels so he'll have plenty of different looks through out my many years driving him!
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

Considering this is what was left at times I think I've done alright to save him!

Tom

21 - 31 of 31 Posts