Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to build a cheapish beetle-based project, i basically need everything except the body panels so would be happy to buy a car with dodgy bodywork, most important features are a solid chassis, floorpan and drivetrain.
Let me know if you have anything i'd be interested in,
cheers
James

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm in Southampton with a 1970 tax exempt bug. It's a 1500 too.

Should be pretty solid, has had channels replaced over the last few years. The shell has frontal accident damage but is still attached to the chassis currently.

Don't know where u are tho :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
James_mk2 said:
Looking to build a cheapish beetle-based project, i basically need everything except the body panels so would be happy to buy a car with dodgy bodywork, most important features are a solid chassis, floorpan and drivetrain.
Let me know if you have anything i'd be interested in,
cheers
James
Where are you?

I've got a solid '66 floorpan with g/box and king & linkpin front end.

Has been dry stored for 20 plus years...will need minor parts like a handbrake lever but is 99% complete. Front beam and gearbox has been separated from the pan for easy of moving and storage the last time I moved house.

Its too good to throw and free to a good home but it is in Scotland.

regards

Chris

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah should have said i'm in Farnham, surrey (near guildford) i may have sourced one complete minus engine for £350 but that price will go down depending on how much of it i give back again (doors, body panels etc) but i will let you know 'waxmyballs' how much are you looking for?

·
Registered
542 Posts
If you have the vehicle as a chassis with bare shell and fuel tank (Glass and trim still there but no interior or gauges etc.) I would let you have it for £350.

It has a good, quiet original 1500 box. Disc brakes at front and rear brakes recently serviced. Tyres with lots of tread. Chassis was always waxoyled.

Was a very original honest bug before its accident. Unfortunately i know have to be fairly ruthless with it. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys, having discovered i live about 3 miles from beetle link i popped down there and came back with a 1970 1300, minus engine for £350 heater channels are surprisingly solid just a credit card sized plate needed on one side, and a strip about 1cm by 15cm between the floor pan and front inner arch. Has a very good gearbox and practically new front and rear beams so i'm a happy bunny! I will most likely be bombarding people with questions shortly regarding where can i get off road wheels and tyres cheap and can the body be taken off the floorpan in one piece?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts